Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What has been going *well* in your homeschool journey? What isn't?

Posted by on Sep. 13, 2011 at 9:48 PM
  • 4 Replies

Now that (most) of us have started, or started long ago, what seems to be going the easiest/best for you and your family?

Was it surprising to you? (Like, a subject going very smoothly that you thought would be a bomb)

What isn't going so great, and why do you think that is?  

by on Sep. 13, 2011 at 9:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Sep. 13, 2011 at 9:52 PM

For me, I am shocked how well Math is going.  :)  I didn't know how much she liked it.  (Using Saxon math 1)

I am also surprised that she recently said her favorite subjects were Science and Nature.  (They are my favorite too!)  We are using Outdoor Secrets & Outdoor Secrets companion for Science, and Nature study for Nature.  

The most surprising thing to me, is how hard of a time *I* am having with art!  It is such a pain to try to figure out the lessons, gather materials, etc etc.  Mainly it is just very time consuming.  And I love art, so I thought this would be my favorite subject!  We are using "Drawing with Children" by Mona Brooks

One other thing, I am very happy with the spelling we are currently using.  It really seems like she is "getting it".  And I'm learning a thing or two as well!  (All about spelling, level 1)

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Sep. 13, 2011 at 9:54 PM

Oh, and I still haven't started our religion course yet...

embarrassed

Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Sep. 13, 2011 at 10:05 PM
Nothing is going well, we are still finding what works. *sigh* We will find it, just when is the question.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Sep. 13, 2011 at 10:07 PM

aww, I'm sorry to hear that.  :(  I hope you find your groove soon!  *hugs*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)