Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

beach week at the beach, groovy!

Posted by on Sep. 13, 2011 at 11:18 PM
  • 4 Replies

we are at the beach this week. i made out lesson for math, reading, writing. I even made my first lapbook on the beach. Work is slow going since we are having fun on vacation. BUT I just love how so many wonderful unexpected lessons keep presenting themself. Yesterday at the ocean we found a LIVE sanddollar. My DD promptly adopted for our 3days left at the ocean, named him Sherman, and is ready to write a story about him tomorrow. We looked up how they live, eat, and move. AMAZING. We found a nature preserve, discussed what they are, the animals and already lots of talk on Alligators. This is great. I love vacationing in off season since we homeschool AND that we can homeschool anywhere on whatever arises!

Mommy to Corbin (8-epilepsy,autism, add) Kayla (6) Collin (1.5), Wife to Ben-OT, and I love teaching- M.Ed Early Childhood. SAHM & Homeschooling. Come watch us at www.youtube.com/user/1212wright

by on Sep. 13, 2011 at 11:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
oredeb
by debbie on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:38 AM

ohhh funnnnn!!!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:11 AM

I'm so jealous!! Sounds wonderful!

wright1212
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 9:59 AM

Unfortunately it also lead to a lesson on jelly fish...from a jelly fish sting. At least it was only a tentacle and she was better within a few moments, or at least still playing.

oredeb
by debbie on Sep. 15, 2011 at 1:23 PM

awwww, something she wont forget! ouch!

Quoting wright1212:

Unfortunately it also lead to a lesson on jelly fish...from a jelly fish sting. At least it was only a tentacle and she was better within a few moments, or at least still playing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)