Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you do schoolwork in PJs at your house?

Posted by   + Show Post

Or does everyone get dressed first?

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:17 AM
Replies (21-29):
misselphaba
by Bronze Member on Sep. 15, 2011 at 11:19 AM

A funny thing ~ it annoys my SIL that my kids are in their jammies during the day (I watch her kids during the week so she can work) and one day she decided to bring it up to me.  She said "well, I think it's important that the kids learn to get dressed, how will yours?" and I was seriously laughing.  I said "uh, well...they put on their jammies every night and they get dressed when we leave the house" and she didn't have anything to say after that.  It was pretty funny. 

Precious333
by Silver Member on Sep. 15, 2011 at 11:21 AM

YES we do!!! First school then get dressed :)

Gumberly
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 8:45 PM
I have a thing about getting dressed. I feel lazy and sloppy if I don't put clothes on. Once in a while the kids might go all day in pj's but I honestly can't remember the last time. Them wearing sweat pants all day is our pj's as I don't allow them to wear them outside the house.
lvaughn26
by on Sep. 16, 2011 at 11:27 AM

We did this morning, but most days everyone get dressed right after breakfast.

tuffymama
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2011 at 11:59 AM

LO just wears his pull-up at home most of the time. Trying to potty train when he's wearing a lot of clothes is even harder. I wear my pajamas for the first half, but I usually change after I get my own breakfast and make his morning snack. This week has been rough, as I have an ear infection, so I've lived in my pajamas and yoga pants.

SCmomof3girls
by on Sep. 16, 2011 at 12:18 PM

No, that was one of our rules DH required to support homeschooling, lol. I am fine with that, but I did draw the line about enforcing wearing shoes during school too...I hate shoes! If we didn't have a rule, I could see the kids sitting in their undies all day (that's what they prefer to sleep in) and it would be embarassing if anyone came to the door, so I'd rather not let that happen, lol.

Maridel
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2011 at 12:50 PM

Yes this is us exactly. Plus, I don't like taking my kids outside to play in their jammies, the get dirt stains on them, too much of a pain. And I give the girls plenty of time to play outside

Quoting buzymom93:

we are usually dressed.. i run a daycare in my home and like to be dressed when the parents come.. also, if i don't have my son (who is 6) get dressed in the morning before breakfast, it will be a battle to get him dressed at all.. lol.. which i wouldn't really care, but if i have to run to the store, i don't wanna argue with him to get dressed.. we have pajama day every saturday though, he looks forward to those.. lol

hlbhembree
by on Sep. 16, 2011 at 2:03 PM

We also do special pajama days but usually we are dressed.  My dh gets upset if he comes home and everyone is still in pajamas unless it was a special plan because he thinks it looks like we are being lazy and not getting anything done.

luvthesoap
by on Sep. 17, 2011 at 11:02 AM

MY son homeschools weasring his boxers. Sometimes I'm dressed, but not always.

\Betty in ky

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)