Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

How frugal are you with homeschooling?

Posted by   + Show Post

how do you save money on homeschooling or maybe you dont!

if you do, what do you do?

any frugal homeschool ideas

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:51 AM
Replies (21-23):
cedailey
by on Sep. 22, 2011 at 3:12 PM

I have a literature based curriculum, so I put everything up to 6th Grade on my Paperback swap list at the beginning of DD1's K year.  I also keep a list of these books in my purse for spontaneous yard, garage and library sale shopping, so I get most very cheaply.  I use many free e-books ( gutenberg.org) and audiobooks (librivox.org). I use a free printable math program (MEP).  Homeschoolclassifieds.com for anything I couldn't find elsewhere.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 22, 2011 at 3:41 PM

Great ideas!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Sep. 26, 2011 at 6:44 PM

I buy second-hand school-books and then write my own curriculum for the kids.  I re-use paper that is messed up for scrap paper for the kids to work out math problems or to spell words or to draw a picture that they are having a difficult time drawing.  I hand-write most of the young kids schoolwork by hand every day and I use both sides of the paper to maximze how nuch paper I really use.  We also buy second hand computers for the older kids to use to "write" the work on and then they copy it to cd so I can check it on my computer. This isn't quite all of what we do to stay on budget(cheap/frugal).  lol  But I think this is enough for now.  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)