Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Ok I need help

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:53 PM
  • 4 Replies

I am having such a hard time writing out lesson plans. I am just stumped. Does anyone have examples of their lesson plans or others that are good ?

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
oredeb
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 1:38 PM

i do mine on friday or saturday and  i just start with each day mon-fri and put down what i want done, any corrections, special things, etc

monday

bible- sing such and such songs, talk about what we heard in church, pray,

math- dd- page 49-52; tt-page 56=59; cc-page 23-26;mm-page 1-4; ff-page 34-37(teach how to divide)

english- same as above, dd needs to correct page 27.

unit study- all kids read pages 34-44 in book together, then we will talk about what we read.

each child write a short paragaph on what they heard read

art project for all of us- needed items, (list of them) then i write how to do the project

well thats how i do mine then i go on to the next day and write every thing i want accomplished that day, sometime we dont finish but that ok, theres always the next day!

carolkey74
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 2:03 PM
I use two lesson planners - one for each kiddo. I use the planners from Aaron publishing. You can check them out at their website: www.aaronpublishing.com. I lay out all the curriculum on the kitchen table on Friday evenings, and plan for the next week. At the beginning of the year, I went through each book, and figured out how many pages would have to be done each day to finish by the end of the year. So I write down the pages for each assignment in the planner. In a separate notebook, I write down ideas that go along with assignments. My husband uses this notebook to jot down some ideas, as well. I make sure to be flexible, though. For example, my son was studying the Wright brothers yesterday. His history book was presenting the facts well enough, but it was REALLY boring! So, we popped This Is America, Charlie Brown in the DVD player. He learned about the Wright brothers in a really fun way! Don't be afraid to change your lesson plans on the fly.
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Sep. 15, 2011 at 8:44 PM
Most of mine is laid out for me, or pretty self explanatory. (read ch 13 in Stuart little, narrate. Read ch 8 in outdoor secrets, narrate. Read ch 4 in story of the world ancients, review questions, narrate. Math lesson 15. Music we listen to Bach, color his face (haha) and read about him, handwriting without tears page 60, etc.)

I'm pretty spoiled this year I think. Haha
I only plan music, art, poetry, personal development, nature (which isn't much to plan), reading, literature... I think that's it and those are all pretty easy. Science, math, handwriting, spelling and history are done for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
romacox
by Silver Member on Sep. 16, 2011 at 9:04 AM

Does your husband know that teachers are now the biggest influx into the home school venue....the reasons they give are very revealing as to why the public school system continues to decay every year.

Thinking About Home Schooling? Teachers Are

SAT scores and college performance levels drop every year for public schooled children, and the home school kids outperform them.

Why Home School

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)