Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

good compromises to present to my husband?

Posted by   + Show Post

I REALLY am set on homeschooling. Thankfullly I get to do it this year, but my husband has decided that there is no way he would agree to homschool next year (when my son turns 6 in October). So, I need your help thinking of a good compromise. We have talked and talked about homeschooling vs public school, and basically I am unable to convince him that our chidren will be ok "socially" and "independent" if we homeschool. He wants them mainstream :(

Anyways I was thinking maybe if they could be homeschooled, be apart of a charter school and take classes that have both public and private school kids in it, be apart of maybe boy scouts, and then even possible starting an afterschool daycare program for public school kids whose parents need to work after school hours. What are your thoughts? I am determined to make this work, and even the school districts that are considered the best in our area, the parents are either pulling their kids out of school or they are having issues in their schools. 

So, if anyone can think of a good compromise. I wouldn't even mind if my kids get a few hours of public school (I prefer not to) and then the rest done at home (my way, or should I say our way).

<3 Julia: wife of Drew, mom of Damien and Gavin, baby Harley 2/09-3/09, Mason 9-19-2010  Isaiah 66:10-13

by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 11:30 AM
Replies (11-14):
luvthesoap
by on Sep. 23, 2011 at 12:05 PM

Have him read a book on homeschooling. I reacommend one by the Moore's.

Betty in Ky

Precious333
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2011 at 12:49 PM

Quoting luvthesoap:

Have him read a book on homeschooling. I reacommend one by the Moore's.

Betty in Ky

maybe if they have one on CD, my husband refuses to read, especially when its not an interest to him.

<3 Julia: wife of Drew, mom of Damien and Gavin, baby Harley 2/09-3/09, Mason 9-19-2010  Isaiah 66:10-13

Danielle163
by on Sep. 26, 2011 at 2:48 PM

You stated that your husband refuses to read unless he has an interest in what he's reading. Have you wondered if he is reluctant to homeschool because he doesn't want to have to possibly be responsible for any of the hs duties? Or does he possibly have reading difficulties himself? Just a thought.......(My DH is not a real good reader, hated school, and is not real hip in helping with homeschool. I think he has ADD.)

Precious333
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2011 at 4:12 PM

Quoting Danielle163:

You stated that your husband refuses to read unless he has an interest in what he's reading. Have you wondered if he is reluctant to homeschool because he doesn't want to have to possibly be responsible for any of the hs duties? Or does he possibly have reading difficulties himself? Just a thought.......(My DH is not a real good reader, hated school, and is not real hip in helping with homeschool. I think he has ADD.)

He never was a reader. He was diagnosed with ADHD in higschool, but honestly the more I read about ADHD the less I believe that there is such a thing. I think that ist just not the way some people learn.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)