Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Letter Recognition game?

Posted by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:08 PM
  • 2 Replies

My daughter is 5 and we are working on recognizing number 10+.  She gets 0-9. She counts, understand the progression between 19-20, 29-30, etc when counting. But for some reason she isn't grasping the concept of recognizing these numbers. We write the numbers, do connect the dots, flash cards, have a chart, etc. None of that seems to be working.  Does anybody have any games or other suggestions on teaching this?

by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
oredeb
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 1:05 PM

mine were the same way, as they got older it made more sense to them! just takes time!

sew4fun
by on Sep. 16, 2011 at 3:11 AM

I do not know if it is going to work since I have not tried it yet but this is what I have planed. I am going to make a tiarra shaped mat ( more than likely just construction paper or card stock that I will laminate) and color cordinating numbers that I will also laminate. I will let her put jewels on the numbers and then use it as a game by placing the numbers on the tiarra I will sing some sort of song ( using the tune monkeys jumping on the bed or little indian girls) and make it fit into the princess theme. I am going to do similar things with all sorts of themes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN