Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

New to homeschooling, help !?

Posted by on Sep. 16, 2011 at 2:25 AM
  • 9 Replies

So my husband and I agreed that we would prefer our children to be home schooled. My daughters are now 3, and I am starting to plan for their first year of school. I was just wondering where you get all of your information, as to what they should learn in a year, which books are best etc. I live in Canada, and I seems to have a award time finding all the information that I need. I have a few but doesn't seem quite enough. Thanks.

by on Sep. 16, 2011 at 2:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
SuperFlyKy
by on Sep. 16, 2011 at 2:40 AM

education.com

Jozzie
by on Sep. 16, 2011 at 2:42 AM

www.headoftheclass.com is the Free curriculum I am using :) Hope that helps!

Amadako
by on Sep. 16, 2011 at 3:07 AM

Thanks a lot ladies ! :) That's really helpful.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 16, 2011 at 11:17 AM

Good luck!

oredeb
by on Sep. 22, 2011 at 11:07 AM

hows it going amadako with gathering info?? anything else we can help with?

Amadako
by on Sep. 22, 2011 at 11:23 AM

Good, Thank you very much, you ladies gave me great informations, and I will let you know if I need anything else. Thank you ! :)

romacox
by Silver Member on Sep. 24, 2011 at 5:54 AM

I am not as familiar with Canada, but here here is a link a to a home school Conference in Canada:  I highly recommend going to the conferences where you can attend workshops, view curriculum (much of it created by home school families), find support groups, find out about legal requirements,  and much more.

http://www.bchomeschool.net/

The public school system is pushing the kids faster and faster at earlier ages, and the success rate with the  kids is dropping.  Their natural desire to learn is shutting down.  I recommend not repeating the mistakes from the public schools, but return to what works.  Retaining the child's natural desire to learn for their lifetime is the goal.  Here is an article that will give you some ideas of the different methods used by home school families.

http://www.read-phonics.com/how-to-homeschool.html

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)