Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I feel so helpless and confused (OT)

Posted by on Sep. 17, 2011 at 11:10 AM
  • 20 Replies
My 2yo is still doing the blinking thing and it has been over a week since her fall last Friday. The blinking hard started Sunday.

The doctor says she is going to be fine, amd to keep on with our appointments (chiropractic adjustments) but I'm worried. I trust him, but I am so scared something else is going on. I feel so helpless.

Today she says to me "mom! I blinking 'gain!" *sigh* poor baby.

Have you ever been in a situation where you just feel so helpless? I just wish I could help her!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 17, 2011 at 11:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Sep. 17, 2011 at 11:11 AM
Oh, it seems to get worse in different lighting, and we are being careful not to let her watch tv anymore because it gets really really bad if she does.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Sep. 17, 2011 at 11:39 AM

i was reading some on it, some think if you just ignore it it will go away, some think its stress, are you having your dd do school work?? if so maybe cut down on it and see if that helps??

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Child-Behavior/Blinking/show/275731

let us know how it goes? have you brought her to a regular doc?

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Sep. 17, 2011 at 12:07 PM
No she is only 2. She sits with us and does some activities, but not like, real stuff. Lol

I have not taken her to a reg doc. I know that sounds like a no brained, but I have never once had a medical doctor help me. They never know what is wrong or give me any advice i Don't already know. So if this doesn't work my chiro is going to prescribe a ct scan, although he is confident she will be fine. That is the confused and helpless part. I don't know if I should just do the ct scan now, or wait it out. Things start to get better, then it comes back. We also have really crappy insurance with a $5k ded and (I know her health is obviously more important than money) we don't have that kind of money. I'm already selling all the fabric and such I can just to pay my older dd's er bill from a few months ago.

Wow, that totally went on a turn. I am super stressed, I apologize.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Sep. 17, 2011 at 12:14 PM

yes when its your child that things are happening to its hard! i never took my kids to the doctor either, just did it myself, i understand! well except that one time when stitches was required!!hahahaha i seem to remember other kids doing this same thing at around this age but it did go away in time.

be sure to pray for her, i will be praying for you both

sdgd21
by on Sep. 17, 2011 at 12:15 PM

I will tell you from experience if you have this feeling, SEE  ANOTHER DOCTOR, Your doctor my be 100% right (and more than likely is), But is you don't check it out for yourself and something more is wrong you'll never be able to forgive yourself. Trust your instincts, Its why God gave them to us. :-)  Don't stress just talk to another doctor, do some RELIABLE research, (not wikipedia! lol, a medical book would be great), and record any changes so you can talk it over with your doctor. 

sdgd21
by on Sep. 17, 2011 at 12:15 PM

oh and pray for guidance and I will pray as well. (((hugs)))

sdgd21
by on Sep. 17, 2011 at 12:21 PM

I understand, we don't see regular doctors often either, and we have a huge deductible as well. Please know that if you knew me and how screwed over doctors have done me and my oldest in the past then you'd know that I must REALLY mean my next statement, "ALL MEDICINES HAVE THIER PLACE", Go to the hospital they HAVE to see her and pay it off over time (plus you 'll be closer or at your deductible if anything happens or she needs more). Then you will know for sure.

Quoting Boobah:

No she is only 2. She sits with us and does some activities, but not like, real stuff. Lol

I have not taken her to a reg doc. I know that sounds like a no brained, but I have never once had a medical doctor help me. They never know what is wrong or give me any advice i Don't already know. So if this doesn't work my chiro is going to prescribe a ct scan, although he is confident she will be fine. That is the confused and helpless part. I don't know if I should just do the ct scan now, or wait it out. Things start to get better, then it comes back. We also have really crappy insurance with a $5k ded and (I know her health is obviously more important than money) we don't have that kind of money. I'm already selling all the fabric and such I can just to pay my older dd's er bill from a few months ago.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Sep. 17, 2011 at 12:23 PM
Btw that link was helpful, thank you. :)

Quoting oredeb:

yes when its your child that things are happening to its hard! i never took my kids to the doctor either, just did it myself, i understand! well except that one time when stitches was required!!hahahaha i seem to remember other kids doing this same thing at around this age but it did go away in time.

be sure to pray for her, i will be praying for you both

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Sep. 17, 2011 at 12:27 PM
I totally agree! All medicines do have their place. The thing is people keep suggesting (not you guys, other people) that I take her to a pediatrician or family doctor, and I seriously have zero faith in a family doc. They are there to give shots (which we don't do) and prescribe meds (which we also don't do unless we have no choice). So family doc is out. Lol
I told hubby we are giving it until Wednesday and if it isn't getting significantly better, we are going for the ct scan. *sigh*

Quoting sdgd21:

I understand, we don't see regular doctors often either, and we have a huge deductible as well. Please know that if you knew me and how screwed over doctors have done me and my oldest in the past then you'd know that I must REALLY mean my next statement, "ALL MEDICINES HAVE THIER PLACE", Go to the hospital they HAVE to see her and pay it off over time (plus you 'll be closer or at your deductible if anything happens or she needs more). Then you will know for sure.

Quoting Boobah:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Sep. 17, 2011 at 12:27 PM
Thank you :)

Quoting sdgd21:

oh and pray for guidance and I will pray as well. (((hugs)))

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)