Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel so helpless and confused (OT)

Posted by   + Show Post
My 2yo is still doing the blinking thing and it has been over a week since her fall last Friday. The blinking hard started Sunday.

The doctor says she is going to be fine, amd to keep on with our appointments (chiropractic adjustments) but I'm worried. I trust him, but I am so scared something else is going on. I feel so helpless.

Today she says to me "mom! I blinking 'gain!" *sigh* poor baby.

Have you ever been in a situation where you just feel so helpless? I just wish I could help her!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 17, 2011 at 11:10 AM
Replies (11-20):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 17, 2011 at 5:01 PM

Good luck! She doesn't have headaches or anything? Just the blinking?

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Sep. 17, 2011 at 8:03 PM

as far as I know, she is fine otherwise.  I will occasionally ask if her eyes hurt, or her head, and she says no.  I wish she could talk to me more.

wright1212
by on Sep. 17, 2011 at 9:29 PM

Ok I think I missed the original post. So I am just a big lost on what really happened. With that said and the little bit I read here, Have you considered seizures? <maybe I did read and suggest that already, so sorry Im losing it here>  But you can have 'blinky' seizures. I even know a guy who only has hand tremers as a seizure. It was fall under absence since there wouldnt be a loss of memory (pass out, ect) She would need a pediatric neuro and EEG maybe a MRI.

tuffymama
by Bronze Member on Sep. 17, 2011 at 10:29 PM
I really want to be supportive here, but I think you are letting your fear of doctors overrule your gut. If this were my kid with lingering neurological effects, my behind would have been in urgent care long ago. I would have at least visited an osteopath. Chiropractors are not for critical issues. This really concerns me, and seems neglectful, frankly. I'm praying for your baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sew4fun
by on Sep. 17, 2011 at 11:15 PM

Oh lordy yes ! My girl had strabuismus and it made me feel horible! Then she had some issues with her teeth again I felt horrible.

luvthesoap
by on Sep. 18, 2011 at 9:03 AM

I would take her to the ER ASAP. I'm not a big fan of Dr's either, but they have tons of medical training, and they aren't all the same.

Betty in Ky

tuffymama
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2011 at 7:38 PM

Update? Did you ever get care for your daughter? How is she?

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Sep. 20, 2011 at 8:06 PM
Turns out I'm not neglectful after all. She is doing much better. Thanks for asking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaChell
by on Sep. 20, 2011 at 8:21 PM

I read through some, not all, of the post here; I'm glad to see this last post by you saying that you're 2yr is doing much better *long sigh of relief*. I can only imagine what stress this must cause you. I hope that she continues to do better. Prayers from me to you!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 21, 2011 at 9:35 AM

I'm glad she feels better!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)