Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Off topic!!! any ideas for a cowboy wedding?

Posted by on Sep. 17, 2011 at 12:46 PM
  • 18 Replies

dd3 is getting married in november, so we are planning wedding,

a cowboy wedding with bales of hay, horse stuff all over,

so any ideas ??????? food, decorations, etc??

by on Sep. 17, 2011 at 12:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Sep. 17, 2011 at 1:16 PM

omgosh I would love to be there to see how it all turns out!  :)

bbq chicken, steak is pricey but would be cool if you could afford it, pulled pork, corn on the cob, green beans, cornbread

sweet tea, moonshine (haha jk)

Decorations... Will this be in a barn?  I like the hay bales,  I'm trying to think of a clever way to display some candles.  horseshoe cookie favors 

Definitely line dancing needs to happen!  I can already hear the boot scootin' boogie in my head  :)

I'm going to have to think on this and come back, it sounds like fun!

Knightquester
by on Sep. 17, 2011 at 2:55 PM

I don't know about decor, it sounds like a cute idea that you can do a lot with, such as having the bride ride in on a horse and the groom help her down at the atler.  As far as decorations I would say the bales of hay would be a good idea, maybe have cowboy hats and rope hanging off of any structures you might have.  I'd do a BBQ as Boobah suggested, she really did mention a lot of great idea's food wise.  I wish them the best of luck on their wedding :-)

mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 17, 2011 at 4:45 PM

Lots of horse shoes for luck!

decorated cowboy hats for center pieces

raw hide string or those string neck ties for napkin rings

bandanas for napkins

sew4fun
by on Sep. 17, 2011 at 11:18 PM

Yes tons ! But I have company right now. If i forget to come back and post PM me and Ill give you all the ideas.

JulieBrown
by on Sep. 17, 2011 at 11:52 PM

i don't have any ideas, but this sounds like soooo much fun.  I hope it goes really well.  :-)  

jackiNicole
by New Member on Sep. 18, 2011 at 1:54 AM

Yes! I found a link a while back for inspiration for a friend who did the same theme. I'll have to find it and post for you!

sew4fun
by on Sep. 18, 2011 at 2:52 AM

You could cover the hay bales with saddle blankets, flannel blankets or bandana material. You could have Lasso wreaths on the ends of them. Use a lasso in lue of the wreath form and use flowers with the wedding colors and horse shoes on them as well. I will come up with more ideas and post them soon

Cafe Kate
by on Sep. 18, 2011 at 10:35 AM

Oh - love the idea to cover bales with saddle or flannel blanket! 

I love Mason Jars with wildflowers for centerpieces too. Really simple, but cute.

Quoting sew4fun:

You could cover the hay bales with saddle blankets, flannel blankets or bandana material. You could have Lasso wreaths on the ends of them. Use a lasso in lue of the wreath form and use flowers with the wedding colors and horse shoes on them as well. I will come up with more ideas and post them soon

sew4fun
by on Sep. 18, 2011 at 12:53 PM

Yes mason jars are awesome ! I was going to suggest mason jars with candles and some with flowers. I saw a tutorial the other day on how to dye your mason jars, you could dye them any color you want.

Quoting Cafe Kate:

Oh - love the idea to cover bales with saddle or flannel blanket! 

I love Mason Jars with wildflowers for centerpieces too. Really simple, but cute.

Quoting sew4fun:

sew4fun
by on Sep. 18, 2011 at 12:55 PM

For food you could serve easy to handle food if it is casual. You can do steak and BBQ chicken and even pork. For the steak and chicken to save money you can cut of the steak and serve it kabob style ( chicken too) . You can have BBQ pork sliders ( mini sandwiches) and put them on kabobs too. You can  put side dishes in snow cone cups ( you can make your own out of pretty paper and make pretty holders to display/serve them too)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN