Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Vaccinate? anyone do it or dont?

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2011 at 12:01 PM
  • 24 Replies

Does anyone vaccinate their children? why?

or dont vaccinate the kids? why?

by on Sep. 19, 2011 at 12:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bren_darlene
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2011 at 12:15 PM

NO,  we have not done any vaccinations at all in I guess 20 years or more.  Why? because it is too dangerous and we have discovered that eating healthy and doing things the Lord's way is by far the best!

jen2150
by Silver Member on Sep. 19, 2011 at 12:25 PM

I agree.  My oldest had a couple of shots before we realized what was in them.   I think there are better ways to deal with serious illnessess.  I don't know how it can be seen as a good idea to put mercury in the veins of tiny infants. 

Quoting bren_darlene:

NO,  we have not done any vaccinations at all in I guess 20 years or more.  Why? because it is too dangerous and we have discovered that eating healthy and doing things the Lord's way is by far the best!

Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2011 at 12:41 PM
We do vaccines, delayed and select which ones we want. Hubby and I agree that it is better to be prepared then have to deal with some of the illnesses out there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armybratmom612
by on Sep. 19, 2011 at 1:16 PM

We do the important ones at 2 months which i dont recall off hand which ones we pick. other then that I wait until my children are 2 to start giving them the shots and we do them slowly spread out over 3 years. My girls have all come up allergic to something in the shots so I do not give them but a few. i think i do the whooping cough and one other very early but that is because my oldest had a sever cause of whooping cough and was in the hospital every other day for 6 weeks. My youngest just hit 2 in july so we will slowly start to do the shots they still do at this age which is pretty slim. It has worked better for us and at 2 my girls seem to either not have the reaction or the shot they react to is not given at this age

wright1212
by on Sep. 19, 2011 at 3:07 PM

As a mom of autism I get asked this ALOT. We do get shots here. Now that we know more and have read lots on everything in them we do alternate vaccine schedule and spread everything out. The common vaccines no longer have mercury, that was removed in 2000 to 2001. It is in the flu shot for children over 3, so no flu shots here. Also if you read current news on outbreaks of specific conditions that are preventable with shots that the illness could also result in serious illness or death some are very worth getting. Some are silly and not needed since the 1950's and some dont really do anything..like chickenpox-they still get it just not as bad or for as long. We also are very healthy, lots of sanitizer ect, sometimes it doesnt matter how much effort you put it, you can still get sick. Also no amount of wishing will make them better. Modern medicine is a great great thing and without my son would have over 100 seizures a day..

Mommy to Corbin (8-epilepsy,autism, add) Kayla (6) Collin (1.5), Wife to Ben-OT, and I love teaching- M.Ed Early Childhood. SAHM & Homeschooling. Come watch us at www.youtube.com/user/1212wright

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Sep. 19, 2011 at 3:13 PM
We no longer vaccinate. We stopped when chelsey was 4 months old and Julia was 4 years.
Why? Well that is a long answer, but mainly I read up/researched my tushie off after chelsey completely changed after her 4 month shots. She went from being the best baby ever (perfect temperament, slept good, etc) to... The opposite. She would scream, cry, hardly sleep, wake 50 times a night. All this happened RIGHT after her shots. I brought it up to my chiro,he gave me some books, links, and a video to watch and we never looked back.

My only regret is I didn't know sooner...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fallnangel93
by on Sep. 19, 2011 at 3:15 PM

We do not. I believe that the cons out ranked the pros. My twins (now almost 6) did get their 2 months shots...and both ended up in the hospital, one almost died. Last shots any of my kids ever got (they are the oldests) I did a lot of research after that and I am so glad we stopped when we did. My youngest 2 have never had any shots in their lives. (including the vit k at birth)

armybratmom612
by on Sep. 19, 2011 at 4:22 PM
I have a question our school district here says they absolutely will not allow any children to attend if they are not vaccinated no matter if you sign the waiver or not. Can they do this?
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Sep. 19, 2011 at 4:32 PM
I believe it depends on the state as far as what they allow. Some allow only religious exemptions, some allow philosophical also, I am not sure if any states do not allow exemptions at all. I'd google school vaccine exemptions by state.

Quoting armybratmom612:

I have a question our school district here says they absolutely will not allow any children to attend if they are not vaccinated no matter if you sign the waiver or not. Can they do this?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
noraa21
by Member on Sep. 19, 2011 at 7:26 PM

My now 10 year old will not get any more shots, and if I had known then what I know now he probably would have only gotten a few of them.  He has had all of his, then some as they gave them too early and he had to get them again.  He had a reaction to a series of shots when he was around 18 months and started regressing in everything.  At 2 y.o. he was DX with autism, not saying that is what caused it, but I won't take any more chances of something else going wrong. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN