Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Vaccinate? anyone do it or dont?

Posted by   + Show Post

Does anyone vaccinate their children? why?

or dont vaccinate the kids? why?

by on Sep. 19, 2011 at 12:01 PM
Replies (21-24):
misselphaba
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2011 at 12:48 PM

I had to *insist* at the doctor's office that there was something wrong with my baby.  Three appointments, and he kept saying that she just had a cold.  He sent me to the Children's Hospital ER and they acted like I had Munchausens or something.  Telling me they would have to run all sorts of tests that will be so painful for my daughter and that as a good mom, I should think about whether or not I really want to put her through all those.  I held my ground and they did some tests and admitted her.  The next day, they came to her room and told us she had Pertussis.  Nobody ever said a thing to me about what awful people they had been the day before. 

Quoting armybratmom612:

Quoting misselphaba:

We vaccinate.  My mind and heart are totally secure with that.  We all got Pertussis when my daughter was 2 months old.  My MIL gave it to my DH, who gave it to me, who gave it to my daughter.  She was in the hospital for 4 days (luckily, since she was nursing, she only had a very mild case).  My mom got it, my dad, and my older sister all got it too.  The *only* person who didn't, was my vaxed 2.5 year old son.  He never coughed once.  My daughter and I, on the other hand, coughed from the beginning of February through the middle of June.  Horrendous disease. 

I will never forget the sound of that cough coming from my 2 month old or her lips turning blue whenever she coughed.  And I'll never forget the sheer panic while coughing that cough ~ you can NOT catch your breath in the middle of a spasm.  It's terrible.

that happened to my oldest and I was a single mother who now could no longer work she couldnt go to daycare. One of the other mothers at the daycare worked at the hospital, she got it, gave it to her son, who gave it to the daycare worker, who gave it to my daughter. I got it and she got it. I wouldnt allow anyone over to my apartment unless they went and got the vaccination because I was so afraid someone would pass it to another child and they would die. I had to go to 3 different hospitals before they would look in to what my daughter had. they just kept saying it was asthma because her lips would go blue and then she would only breath when stimulated. Ive never been so scared in my life and since then I am vaccinated for it as is my husband and children before we leave the hospital.

armybratmom612
by on Sep. 20, 2011 at 1:11 PM

they did the same to me. almost made me doubt myself. luckily for me I had a friend who stood with me and reinforced that i wasnt crazy. They ended up having to draw blood from her scalp and did xrays of her chest after we drove to the childrens hospital after the other two in town told us we were crazy and all those trips in one night. I even went back to the other hospitals to tell them what she had and to warn them. boy did those drs look embaressed as i yelled at them. i made them bring the drs that saw her out in the waiting room so i could "talk" to them. Oh and my daughter was 5 wks old so it hit her hard

MommaChell
by on Sep. 20, 2011 at 8:43 PM

We're doing the delayed schedule that starts when they're 6yrs and is more spaced out and lacking some of the traditional vaccines.

Miracle_pg
by on Sep. 20, 2011 at 10:24 PM
I was a new mom who was pretty much pressured by my pedi and didn't really know we had the option to tell them no or wait. I had a really bad feeling at the 2 yr apt when they did all those at once. We continue to vax, but I've had a bad feeling about the FLU shot from the beginning - he got the first half at 6 months old... And we ALL got the worst case ever of the stomach flu 2 days later... That was the one and only time he ever got the flu shot. Sometimes my hubby gets it at work but I refuse for myself (a diabetic) and our son. (and, yes, I do know it's not a live virus, but every time I've gotten the shot, I've gotten the Flu)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)