Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Movies - not scary - not sad!

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2011 at 5:16 PM
  • 7 Replies

My children really enjoyed "Rio."  In fact they watch it over and over.   I'm thinking of buying a few more movies for them, but many of the Disney movies are sad or scary.  "Monsters, Inc" has been recommended.  Does anyone have any more suggestions. 

by on Sep. 19, 2011 at 5:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
swim-mom72
by on Sep. 19, 2011 at 8:00 PM

How old are your kids?

We LOVE Dispicable Me! More movies that might fit what you are looking for are Wall-E, Antz, A Bug's Life, and A Bee Movie.

akrsmomma
by on Sep. 19, 2011 at 8:04 PM

The Incredibles, and  Bolt

Maridel
by on Sep. 19, 2011 at 10:29 PM

We LOVE Rio! Lol Our girls watch it almost everyday. For some reason I cant think of a movie to suggest off the top of my head but will come back to this post.

homemakeingmom
by on Sep. 20, 2011 at 12:48 AM
Cars, aunt bully, clifford movies are all good
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuperFlyKy
by on Sep. 20, 2011 at 3:03 AM

Cloudy With A chance Of Meatballs is cute. My daughter loves it.

Have some shopping to do? We have tons of great products at great prices. http://stores.shop.ebay.com/A-Christmas-Fairy  

A CHRISTMAS FAIRY  

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Sep. 20, 2011 at 7:45 AM
I second cloudy with a chance of meatballs and despicable me! We also loved Gnomeo and Juliet, but it was sad twice in the movie, but got resolved with happiness. My daughter is super sensitive and it didn't bother her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
No_Difference
by Silver Member on Sep. 20, 2011 at 8:12 AM

I agree with everyone so far, and Tangled - theres the one scary part near the end though. My kids love Toy Story too (all three of 'em).  How To Train Your Dragon is good - but you may want to watch it ahead of time to see if it would be to scary for them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)