Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Netflix? how do you like the changes?

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2011 at 4:56 PM
  • 30 Replies

are you going to keep netflix or stop it?

how do you like the changes

by on Sep. 20, 2011 at 4:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 20, 2011 at 5:06 PM

I haven't noticed the changes, yet. lol I'll let you know in a few days.

Mom71307
by on Sep. 20, 2011 at 5:17 PM

We aren't pleased with the changes right now but we are keeping it for now... its increased our monthly bill by $6 so its not too bad.

Mom71307
by on Sep. 20, 2011 at 5:17 PM
Mom71307
by on Sep. 20, 2011 at 5:18 PM

Why Netflix is splitting itself in two

Knightquester
by on Sep. 20, 2011 at 5:41 PM

Because of their changes I stopped DVD's in July and we stream only now.  We rarely watch tv so even streaming isn't being used so often and we maybe got max two or three DVD's per month before anyways.

As for liking it I don't care for the price hike, I think it was rather stupid of the company and they are going to hurt for it, but hey their choice.  I don't mind paying less for streaming and getting a blockbuster or redbox account for when I want to rent DVD's, it's less money out for us that route anyways.

mynameismuerte
by on Sep. 20, 2011 at 5:43 PM

Bwahahahahaha that cartoon was HILARIOUS!!!!  We haven't noticed any changes other than the price.  I meant to cancel the DVD portion before we got billed again but I missed it.  I'll be cancelling that part in a few weeks.  

JulieBrown
by on Sep. 20, 2011 at 6:56 PM

I HATE the changes. 

At first they made it seem like prices went down, but we had to pay 18 dollars a month for the same thing we were getting for less than 10 before.  Before we could stream netflix videos on our Roku and computer at the same time.  Now we need 2 separate monthly streaming plans or we needed to get the 2 out a time plan just to get streaming on 2 different devices.  

I plan on canceling eventually, but in the mean time I am checking out all the videos I can before I cancel.  I am also looking for a good competitor.  We have amazon prime and hulu, but those aren't good enough to just ditch netflix. 

tuffymama
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2011 at 7:40 PM

As soon as I found out about the rate hike, I set my plan to change at the first of the month. We went from two to one and kept unlimited streaming, so now we pay the same and cut our disc at home to one at a time. It bites, but I budget our money to the nickel to afford our high savings goals. Up yours, Netflix!

tuffymama
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2011 at 7:41 PM

Oh, and we have Hulu Plus, too. Still not enough to ditch netflix altogether.

SCmomof3girls
by on Sep. 20, 2011 at 7:48 PM

I know I am in the minority, but the only change that bugs me is having to use 2 seperate accounts for it. It's still way cheaper than going to the video store or theater and it keeps us entertained. I like the streaming because there are so many things my kids watch on there, and the DVDs for the new movies or shows that I cannot watch instantly. I do not use redbox or blockbuster often because I will end up having late fees. I only use it when I have a code for a free movie. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN