Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

A good and yet bad thing of homeschooling...

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 8:25 AM
  • 7 Replies
The good news is, you don't have to miss school when you are sick.

The bad news is, you still can teach school when you're sick.

:)

We did two light days because we are so far ahead in a few subjects, so that is definitely a bonus. I just couldn't make myself take the whole day off! We are missing Friday and monda because hubby and I are going on a trip, so I made it work.

I love the flexibility of homeschool! What is a good/bad for you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 8:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
SCmomof3girls
by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 9:44 AM

I love the flexablitiy of it too. We can do school at 7am or 4pm if we want. We can do it in the kitchen, living room, at the library or at the park if we want to. We can randomly decide to do a science field trip if we do not feel like working out of the book. It's so much fun coming up with fun things to do, or creative ways to make boring lessons enjoyable. 

CREAMBROWN
by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 9:54 AM

Yes!!! I sooo love the flexibility:) Also, when you are sick etc., that is a wonderful time to let them explore and self-learn.  My 6yr old daughter lovessssss to read ahead in her texts and other 'did you know' books, and gain new understanding on different things. Then she comes back and quizzes ME. haha.

Quoting SCmomof3girls:

I love the flexablitiy of it too. We can do school at 7am or 4pm if we want. We can do it in the kitchen, living room, at the library or at the park if we want to. We can randomly decide to do a science field trip if we do not feel like working out of the book. It's so much fun coming up with fun things to do, or creative ways to make boring lessons enjoyable. 

mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 21, 2011 at 10:03 AM

I hate that I have to depend on my lazy self to get the teaching done.

I lovethe ability to do exactly what we want and how we want. 8)

oredeb
by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 10:10 AM

good no matter what happens the kids are always learning!

bad  hmmm when i think of something i will type it!

misselphaba
by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 10:40 AM

It's all good.  We are unschooling, though, so there isn't really any bad with regards to having to get stuff done or whatever. 

jen2150
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2011 at 1:46 PM

There are too many good things to list.  My only negative thing is places to put everything.  I currently have over 200 books on paperbackswap.  I love my flexibility the most and decided when and how we want to do things.

romacox
by Silver Member on Sep. 22, 2011 at 12:33 PM

I had to chuckle because it is so true for parents. Grandparents, on the other hand, get to have the cake and eat it too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN