Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Do you take advantage of school season vacations?

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 8:27 AM
  • 16 Replies
We are thinking next year (or maybe later this year) of taking a vacation because it's so much cheaper and less crowded while most kids are in school.

Do you take vacations in the summer, or during "school season"?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 8:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom71307
by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 8:31 AM

I would but we don't have the money for it!

carolkey74
by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 8:35 AM
We are going to Disney World next week. We went during the same week a couple of weeks ago, and it was practically empty! We always plan our vacations for school months. But just be prepared to be asked a million times why your kids aren't in school lol!
mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 21, 2011 at 9:31 AM

Um, not specifically. Honestly, we just do our thing and forget about the school calendar. 8)

oredeb
by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 10:15 AM

we try to take our vacations in the off seasons, much cheaper for us!

we have lots of mini vacations! hahah weekends during the school year

Danielle163
by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 10:29 AM

DH mentioned something about a vacation for next summer. I'm still wondering how he plans on going on vacation-LOL We have no extra $. (I guess this is why I'm in charge of the greenbacks)

usmom3
by BJ on Sep. 21, 2011 at 10:40 AM

We do when we have the money to have one!

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Sep. 21, 2011 at 12:52 PM

We have family that lives in Florida, and DH's parents have a trailer in FL, otherwise we'd not be able to afford it either!  LOL  It depends on the gas prices when we decide to go.  I am NOT looking forward to 12 hours with 2 kids.  But, if we don't go in the next year, we won't get to see his sister for at least 4 years.  They are moving to Hawaii (airforce) and we definitely can't afford to visit them there!  

ElectraSpy
by on Sep. 22, 2011 at 11:53 PM
It always in our plan to hit the off season, less crowded times. We camp a lot, so we plan mid week often. We school year round, so we do lots of mini trips and have school during usual school breaks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sandra1023
by on Sep. 23, 2011 at 12:51 AM

Quoting oredeb:

we try to take our vacations in the off seasons, much cheaper for us!

we have lots of mini vacations! hahah weekends during the school year

This.

wright1212
by on Sep. 23, 2011 at 8:26 AM

YUP! We just got back from a week in hiltonhead (did the timeshare tour so the 5 nights only cost us $200). We are planning a 4night trip to FL in the spring, a 2-3 night stay at an indoor waterpark in Dec. We went to disney world last sept. There were still lots of kids and some lines, but nothing too bad we couldnt handle. Not once on those vacations have I been asked why my kids werent in school. But oldest is only 9, maybe thats why? We school on vacations too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)