Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Do you do schoolwork before and after lunch? Or just all at once?

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 3:30 PM
  • 13 Replies
by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 3:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SuperFlyKy
by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 4:21 PM

We always do ours all at once, and we do it before lunch. If I tried to break it up my daughter would have a hard time getting back into it. So, we usually go for about an hour in the workbooks then move on to learning games for the next 30 minutes to an hour. It works great for us.

Have some shopping to do? We have tons of great products at great prices. http://stores.shop.ebay.com/A-Christmas-Fairy  

A CHRISTMAS FAIRY  

fygfitness_mom
by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 5:19 PM

We split it up. We have morning and afternoon classes Mon - Thur, Afternoon classes on Fri because they have lessons at an art studio downtown and Sat is elective day. We do our own art and foreign language plus anything they may need to get caught up with.

Knightquester
by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 5:39 PM

We start school in the morning between 8-9 a.m. and my rule of thumb is when the days requirements are met is when that child is done with school, there are some days that a child or two are done before lunch, then there are some days they're going a full school day.

oredeb
by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 6:05 PM
we are done with school by lunch usually so before!
Maridel
by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 6:09 PM

I try to do most of it in the morning but we arent to rigid or scheduled. Sometimes I let her do her reading in the middle of the day when the toddler is taking a nap cause my DD has a hard time concentrating on reading. Sometimes we'll save religion/bible for around dinner time when daddy is home. Love the flexibility of homeschooling! =)

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Sep. 21, 2011 at 6:22 PM
Most in the morning before lunch, reading during dd2's nap. However we have been running a lot of errands in the mornings lately, so we have done quite a bit during nap the last week or so.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boomom1973
by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 7:54 PM

We do it before and after. We usually don't start until 9:30. The older kids (8 and 12) do most of their courses on-line and get much of it done before lunch. I have the little one (5) do his workbooks in the morning and after lunch we all work together.

Danielle163
by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 11:16 PM

We don't usually start until around 11:00 AM. We have three class periods. Each class period is around 50-75 minutes long. Then we take a 60 minute break after the first two.

ElectraSpy
by on Sep. 22, 2011 at 11:48 PM
Structurely "Done" by lunch, though we'll read, do activities and projects as we like in the afternoons.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sandra1023
by on Sep. 23, 2011 at 12:50 AM

Ds is in 7th grade, and we generally work from 11 to 3-4ish.  He isn't much of a morning person, so he just focuses better if I wait until around 11 to start.  He gets up earlier, but takes his time getting woke up, spends time with me and the pets (dad is at work), and has lunch before we start.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN