Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want to know what "ecofriendly" items you use and recommend! (OT)

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 3:37 PM
  • 7 Replies

I'm SO stinking excited to be going to the All Baby & Child Expo this weekend as a "buyer".  It's my first time getting to go :)  The ABC Expo is a huge expo where there will be tons of vendors (like BumGenius, EnviroSax, Moby, etc) will be showcasing their goods trying to get retailers (like myself) to carry thier items in our stores.

I am trying to make a game plan on what kind of things I want to look at while I'm there.  I hear it is HUGE and will take the entire weekend to see everything!  

SO, what kind of things do you buy that are eco friendly?  I think these are mostly baby/kids items.  We (Nikki's Little House) are going to be changing the direction of the store a little bit, expanding beyond just cloth diapers.  

Any suggestions?  Products you just LOVE and think I should check out for myself?

WAHM of Coco Bear Cloth and retailer for several major brands including BumGenius, Flip, GroVia, Rockin Green, Piggy Paint, Melissa & Doug and more! 

by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 3:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
sew4fun
by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 7:52 PM

As someone that used cloth diapers on her kiddo's . Since you sell cloth I would look for , detergents ( I know there are some but I would look for more of a variety) diaper rash creams, maybe teething necklaces. Baby/kid shampoo,conditioner,detangler, lotions etc.

Maridel
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2011 at 9:54 PM

definitely everything sew4fun already posted! I looked for eco friendly sun block this summer but couldn't find much more than California Baby so maybe that. Fluoride free toothpaste made with xylitol would be awesome to find easier. Organic bedding, and bpa free sippy cups

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Sep. 22, 2011 at 1:44 PM
Yes I agree, right now I carry rockin green and bumgenius detergent.
Diaper rash cream is a good idea! I'm def looking into shampoo/body care :)

Quoting sew4fun:

As someone that used cloth diapers on her kiddo's . Since you sell cloth I would look for , detergents ( I know there are some but I would look for more of a variety) diaper rash creams, maybe teething necklaces. Baby/kid shampoo,conditioner,detangler, lotions etc.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Sep. 22, 2011 at 1:45 PM
I like badger sun care. I know some walgreens carry it, but I'd like to carry it next summer also!

Quoting Maridel:

definitely everything sew4fun already posted! I looked for eco friendly sun block this summer but couldn't find much more than California Baby so maybe that. Fluoride free toothpaste made with xylitol would be awesome to find easier. Organic bedding, and bpa free sippy cups

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 22, 2011 at 3:42 PM

I don't buy anything like that but good luck on finding stuff!

wright1212
by on Sep. 22, 2011 at 8:38 PM

i agree on all above. i know breastfeeding is 'green'. things to help with that, nursing covers, tommytippe (is that right?) makes a good breastfeeding friendly bottle, wonder if there is a green version of that. natural remedy type of things can be good like to relieve gas in babies, skin creams for babies things like that. OH those make your own baby food kits? Good Luck (lucky you how much fun is that)

sew4fun
by on Sep. 22, 2011 at 11:15 PM

Oh what about things to help make your own baby food, post partum things,nipple cream,organic clothing,organic towels,un-paper towels.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)