Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Remedies? what do you use when your family isn't feeling well?

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2011 at 11:47 AM
  • 5 Replies

what natural remedies do you all use? have you taught your kids about herbs and such?

it was always part of our nature studies, learning about herbs and what they do for us. sure saves on doctor bills and medicene

by on Sep. 23, 2011 at 11:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2011 at 2:52 PM

Nope, we usually stick with more mainstream options.8)

bren_darlene
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2011 at 3:53 PM
1 mom liked this

We rarely use pharmaceutical drugs.  We treat with vitamins and herbs whenever possible.  Like the other day I went to the dentist and she said I had a couple abscesses that would start throbbing soon.  I went home and started on 10,000 IU of C, 100 of zinc, and a handful of little garlic capsules.  When I went back to dentist the abscess was about all gone and what little bit of toothache I did have had been gone for 4 days :)

dez_081
by on Sep. 23, 2011 at 6:33 PM

We usually try natural remedies first, at least for minor things.   One of my favorites is using a purple onion with sugar or honey to make a cough syrup.  It is the only thing that stopped my son's cough when he had the flu.  Nothing prescribed helped but this remedy did it.  We also use eucalyptus oil for congestion and coughs.  Oh, and Neti pots for allergies and colds. 

Knightquester
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2011 at 8:54 PM

My children know about herbal remedies and although I use them if the children are really sick I will do over the counter stuff too.  If we use herbs it's in cooking and tea's.  Today my son woke up sick and vomiting, so when his stomach was settled enough to keep liquids down I gave him some mint tea with honey.  It settled his stomach enough to help him sleep the rest of the day.

LovemyQ
by Member on Sep. 26, 2011 at 7:44 PM

I use medicinal healing oils more than herbs just because I know more about them. Colliodal silver (the blue guy purposely makes himself blue, btw) and whole food vitamins. I love my health food store! lol

I have MS and at night it feels like my cells are all having a little party and won't stop dancing so I rub a blend of oils on and it stops it. (aligning from rocky mountain oils, or valor from young living) works better than Tylenol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)