Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Has your child ever asked to go to a brick and mortar school?

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2011 at 3:05 PM
  • 24 Replies
by on Sep. 23, 2011 at 3:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmom3
by BJ on Sep. 23, 2011 at 3:11 PM

My oldest went to a PS until 1/2 way thru 6Th grade, so he never wants to go back to one! My other kids have never been to one, my DD when she was 4 wanted to go but I learned that it was only to ride the bus! Now she says she only wants to go to PS if she can have a teacher like Mrs. Frizzle from Magic School Bus. I don't think I have anything to worry about with that being the case.

boricuangel
by on Sep. 23, 2011 at 5:36 PM

My youngest asked to go, also because he wanted to ride the school bus!

Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2011 at 5:50 PM
My daughter never wanted and does not want to right now. We will see if/when that changes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FlyHippie
by on Sep. 23, 2011 at 6:49 PM

Mine all had their times in school and at home.

None of them ever wanted to go "back" to school at all.

SCmomof3girls
by on Sep. 23, 2011 at 8:01 PM

They ask occasionally. It's mostly because they miss their friends from the last few years (They were in PS for 3 years) and noone really keeps in touch. 

Danielle163
by on Sep. 23, 2011 at 8:12 PM

Mine begged to be taken OUT.

bugfree
by on Sep. 23, 2011 at 10:56 PM

My oldest went to a typical PS for K and first.  I was fine with it, but I was still really busy with my 2 younger kids.  I volunteered in the class a few hours a week.  I got to see just how bored my child was in school. 

Maridel
by on Sep. 24, 2011 at 12:32 AM

My DD is not even 5 and she asks to go to school sometimes since everyone she knows goes to school, including me and her grandmother, and her cousin that is staying with us. But I remind her that if she goes she has to go everyday and that I can't stay with her and she changes her mind real quick!

misselphaba
by on Sep. 24, 2011 at 1:15 AM

Mine have not.

acornmama
by on Sep. 24, 2011 at 1:38 AM

nope I occassionally ask mine if I need to send him there on days he is refusing to do his work I get a no and the work is done not much longer after that. He hates writing, I do make him write everyday, but when he goes to PE there and see's their daily schedule he does NOT want to do that at all, he enjoys picking what subject he's working on next and doing it in the time he's comfortable with...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)