Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Is there anything else in your life that society would consider alternative besides homeschooling?

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you march to a different drummer?

by on Sep. 23, 2011 at 3:08 PM
Replies (71-73):
oredeb
by on Oct. 5, 2011 at 11:00 AM
love the answers!!
mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2011 at 11:15 AM

It's cool to see so many aspects. 8)

MonkeyPeanut79
by Member on Oct. 5, 2011 at 6:38 PM

In a few things. I try to be a Biblically submissive wife because I feel it works best for our family. I want to be a homemaker forever (even when the kids go to school!) and my husband is 100% for it. I've slowly started to cover my hair sometimes. I still feel weird about it though. I try to dress modestly and I've started to wear more skirts in the summertime. I still wear pants in the winter. It's just to darn cold in Northern Illinois!

On the other hand, even though I am religious I don't censor my music or movies or books. I like what I like and I don't think there is anything wrong with that. There have been 2 songs that I decided not to listen to anymore and one band (Lords of Acid) and the band was more because my oldest son was picking up on the words. I read Harry Potter and Sci Fi and Fantasy novels. My favorite books are Dune. 

I'm too religious for the non-religious people I know and I'm too 'wordly' for the religious people I know. I'm stuck in the middle :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)