Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

crisis again, do you get derailed from the plan?

Posted by on Sep. 26, 2011 at 9:38 PM
  • 4 Replies

Our basement has flooded again for the 4th time in 3 days. I got about 2 hours of schooling done since Thurs. Ive had to clean out so many boxes from this mess. and now a special therapy company is coming this Thurs to observe how I school my son so they can recommend goals ect. Our school room is a like a bomb of toys went off. (if you dont believe me check out my you tube video). Trying to get real creative with getting them to do as much self learning as possible this week. We can always catch up in a week or 2 right?

Mommy to Corbin (8-epilepsy,autism, add) Kayla (6) Collin (1.5), Wife to Ben-OT, and I love teaching- M.Ed Early Childhood. SAHM & Homeschooling. Come watch us at www.youtube.com/user/1212wright

by on Sep. 26, 2011 at 9:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
alexsmomaubrys2
by on Sep. 26, 2011 at 10:10 PM

That is one of the nice things about home-schooling. You can take breaks or vacations whenever needed. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Join me in Moms for Education
Moms for Education

"Oppression of spirit is not on
the public school curriculum. Rather, it's a noxious by-product produced
while stewing schooling in a pot w/ unions, administrators,
multi-billion dollar budgets, state education departments, and school
boards, then letting politicians control the heat." Linda Dobson

"When you want to teach
children to think, you begin by treating them seriously when they are
little, giving them responsibilities, talking to them candidly,
providing privacy and solitude for them, and making them readers and
thinkers of significant thoughts from the beginning. That's *if* you
want to teach them to think." ~ Bertrand Russell

mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 26, 2011 at 10:13 PM

Oy! Sounds like you've had quite the week. 8^/

oredeb
by debbie on Sep. 27, 2011 at 10:40 AM

is there a way to stop the flooding???

wright1212
by on Sep. 27, 2011 at 3:12 PM

We had the septic line pumped but now we think a field line is collapsed. This means the septic tank is not draining. My DH has to come home and dig it all up to save $100 THEN we get to pay $200 for them to figure out the problem. THEN we will most likely have DH dig up field line, put in a new line and put supports in place. One of the lines could go under our above ground pool (its 28ft so its HUGE). The idiots that we bought the house from last year probably drove heavy things over the lines causing them to go down. So until all of that is done (about a week). we only have 1 toilet, 1 bathroom sink, and a stand up shower. I think I can do dishes if I only do a little at one time. (paper plates for us).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)