Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Anyone have to go to any classes this week?

Posted by on Sep. 27, 2011 at 10:29 AM
  • 15 Replies

We had gym yesterday and Girl Scouts, tomorrow.

by on Sep. 27, 2011 at 10:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
oredeb
by on Sep. 27, 2011 at 10:35 AM

ive got 3 classes to teach in our co op, and the kids will be in those well most of them!hahah

Knightquester
by on Sep. 27, 2011 at 10:56 AM

I enrolled the kids into some classes through a program set up for homeschoolers:

Day

Class

Monday

Hands on Science

Monday

Kids PE

Monday

Hands on Science

Monday

Pre-Algebra(2x P/Week)

Wednesday

Jr. Carpentry

Wednesday

Pre-Algebra(2x P/Week)

Wednesday

Turbo Tennis

Friday

Rocketry

Friday

Children's Theatre

Friday

Hands On Geometry

The kids seem to be enjoying themselves which is nice, but I think next semester I'm going to do just Monday and Wednesday classes, three half days per week is really cutting into our other homeschool work.

Danielle163
by on Sep. 27, 2011 at 11:47 AM

Quoting Knightquester:

I enrolled the kids into some classes through a program set up for homeschoolers:

Day

Class

Monday

Hands on Science

Monday

Kids PE

Monday

Hands on Science

Monday

Pre-Algebra(2x P/Week)

Wednesday

Jr. Carpentry

Wednesday

Pre-Algebra(2x P/Week)

Wednesday

Turbo Tennis

Friday

Rocketry

Friday

Children's Theatre

Friday

Hands On Geometry

The kids seem to be enjoying themselves which is nice, but I think next semester I'm going to do just Monday and Wednesday classes, three half days per week is really cutting into our other homeschool work.

Wow, you are so lucky to have those resources. We have a new HSAP teacher coming in and I'm hoping that he/she will be more helpful with possibly getting all of the homeschoolers together for some type of interaction.............

misselphaba
by on Sep. 27, 2011 at 1:39 PM

My kids go to a homeschool enrichment program on Tuesdays, then Saturday my daughter has swim lessons and my son has archery.

cedailey
by on Sep. 27, 2011 at 1:59 PM

Dance on T for DD1, and W for DD2 and DS

German on Sat for all three.

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Sep. 27, 2011 at 2:01 PM

Tomorrow the kids have a Cultural Cooking Class (once a month) , tomorrow Alex has Soccer, Friday is Lego League, Saturday Alex has a Soccer game and Aubry has Ballet/Tap.

In the next couple weeks they will add to that Swimming Lessons and Homeschoolers Tennis.

Join me in Moms for Education
Moms for Education

"Oppression of spirit is not on
the public school curriculum. Rather, it's a noxious by-product produced
while stewing schooling in a pot w/ unions, administrators,
multi-billion dollar budgets, state education departments, and school
boards, then letting politicians control the heat." Linda Dobson

"When you want to teach
children to think, you begin by treating them seriously when they are
little, giving them responsibilities, talking to them candidly,
providing privacy and solitude for them, and making them readers and
thinkers of significant thoughts from the beginning. That's *if* you
want to teach them to think." ~ Bertrand Russell

Maridel
by on Sep. 27, 2011 at 3:45 PM

well I have class for myself on Wednesday night at the community college.

THen DD has soccer practice Thursday, a game on Saturday, and she starts her Sunday School this week (aka Catholic faith formation classes)

jen2150
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2011 at 10:13 AM

Monday, Tuesday and Thursday.

Monday is first co-op.  They are studying American Indians and farm animals.  Next week I get to bring guineas, peachicks, and ducks to show the kids. 

Tuesday is our other co-op.  My kids take PE, Art, and science.  They are learning all about trees this month.  After our co-op our family is taking Karate together.  We also have Karate on Thursdays well.  Our whole family is also graduating from our white to yellow belt. 

JoyfulMommyof2
by on Sep. 28, 2011 at 6:19 PM

My children have swimming technique/competitive swim class on Tuesday and Thursday from 5 - 6 pm.  They also have art class on Wednesday 1 - 2:15.  We have a homeschool 4-H club meeting once per month and usually one or more 4-H activity days each month, homeschool skate day once per month, homeschool bowling day once per month, homeschool park day once per month, and Keepers of the Home/Contenders for the faith meeting once per month.  I attend a Mom's Night Out once per month.  We do have co-op available, but I don't attend.  None of the other activities interfere with our morning classes, and I like to have that structure and not skip any of our core subjects.  In the afternoons, we only have science and history which are easily made up.

JoyfulMommyof2

busy mom

oredeb
by on Sep. 28, 2011 at 6:38 PM

thursday i have a story reading class to do, we are reading one of cs lewis books

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN