Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What do your husbands, partners think of you homeschooling?

Posted by on Sep. 27, 2011 at 6:38 PM
  • 19 Replies

do they think its worth it?

against it?

help out with it?

by on Sep. 27, 2011 at 6:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katzmeow726
by on Sep. 27, 2011 at 6:40 PM
He is absolutely thrilled with it! He is just bummed he won't be able to be there for it all lol!
He is as excited about starting as I am, which means a lot to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuprMom12042702
by on Sep. 27, 2011 at 7:19 PM
He is the one that does it all because i am the one who works fulltime. Lol he fully supports it and loves being their teacher
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaTasha1003
by on Sep. 27, 2011 at 7:22 PM

He fully supports & believes I can do it more than myself... He has said he will help out when needed. Right now is just PreK so not too much to do... I think he will end up being the main teacher for history because he is really good at it & I am not!

Maridel
by on Sep. 27, 2011 at 7:24 PM

fully supports me! =)

Knightquester
by on Sep. 27, 2011 at 9:45 PM

He's been supportive and doesn't want me to stop homeschooling them ever.  When he can and it's needed he will help out, but he works long hours and commutes a very long way to/from work, so by the time he is home help isn't really needed.

Strega
by on Sep. 27, 2011 at 9:48 PM
He loves it and completely appreciates that I'm doing it. He quizzes them sometimes when he comes home from work, and always looks over their daily work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wowguildmomma
by on Sep. 28, 2011 at 3:46 AM

he is still on the fence. he understands and supports the need to homeschool my older two but he is against it when it comes to the younger two. He feels that I don't spend enough taking care of him that everything is about the kids. Is stressful but like all things that have hiccuped in our marriage it will all fall into place.

wright1212
by on Sep. 28, 2011 at 8:09 AM

I wouldnt do it unless he agreed. Its too hard to try to do it all without some support. I dont know if he gets its a full time job, he wants the house clean and things like that too. He loves it though, he knows they are getting a better education. He is jealous of field trips though.

Mommy to Corbin (8-epilepsy,autism, add) Kayla (6) Collin (1.5), Wife to Ben-OT, and I love teaching- M.Ed Early Childhood. SAHM & Homeschooling. Come watch us at www.youtube.com/user/1212wright

mynameismuerte
by on Sep. 28, 2011 at 8:14 AM
He's fully supportive. I can't imagine if this were a stressor in our marriage. Thankfully it's not. He can't wait to start doing science experiments with the boys, haha!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FlyHippie
by on Sep. 28, 2011 at 9:51 AM

Absolutely loves it, prefers it, is "proud of me" for all "I" do....so no, doesn't help out in the least, but is hugely supportive!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN