Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do your husbands, partners think of you homeschooling?

Posted by   + Show Post

do they think its worth it?

against it?

help out with it?

by on Sep. 27, 2011 at 6:38 PM
Replies (11-19):
Gumberly
by on Sep. 28, 2011 at 12:54 PM
He is very supportive. I think the fact that his brother's family has homeschooled for years and have 3 very bright, well adjusted little girls helped. I know up until I started I would of never dreamed of homeschooling so the brother and sister-in-law directly contributed to my thinking I could do it.
When I first started I was very scared and full of doubt. I don't know that I would of went ahea with it if he had not been on board.
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Sep. 28, 2011 at 12:58 PM
Very supportive! We did not know anyone who hs'd before us, so it was a little work teaching him about it, but once he did he has been 100% for it!
He does literature at night with the girls, and helps me with narration. I find it works better if he asks her what story we read for science and has her tell him about it than her telling me. She always says "you already know!" lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom71307
by on Sep. 28, 2011 at 3:22 PM

My husband loves it! He loves that he gets to be involved and that we taylor our kids' education and meet them where they are... our 4 yr old is doing K/1st grade things this year when she would really be in Pre-K from her age but bored and not learning anything. We see things in our kids that others don't see or understand and we get to mee them where they are and address those particular things!

Knightquester
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2011 at 5:14 PM

roflmao my husband gets jealous of field trips too, so funny.  I agree with you that really it's hard enough to homeschool your children and maintain a happy family life that w/o the full support of your lifetime partner it'd be impossible, at least for me it would be.  I am lucky enough that my husband could care less if the house is clean or not, but that could be because he knows I can't stand a dirty house.

Quoting wright1212:

I wouldnt do it unless he agreed. Its too hard to try to do it all without some support. I dont know if he gets its a full time job, he wants the house clean and things like that too. He loves it though, he knows they are getting a better education. He is jealous of field trips though.

Precious333
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2011 at 5:16 PM

My husband is 100% against it at the moment. He let me do it this year, and so far no complaints about this year. He can't wait untl they go to public school :( and I dread the day! He is a helpful person, but does not do anything homeschool related, except watch the kids to let me get some time to myself (his wathcing the kids includes putting a movie on for them.)

<3 Julia: wife of Drew, mom of Damien and Gavin, baby Harley 2/09-3/09, Mason 9-19-2010  Isaiah 66:10-13

OhMissCrissy
by on Sep. 29, 2011 at 12:55 PM

My hubby loves the idea. He isnt home much because his work keeps him away a lot but when he is here he is the first one to jump in and help them do their work. We have 4 yr old twins that are being homeschooled this year and depending how well this year goes I may include our 8 yr old son into the mix next year. 

Photobucket
DelightfullyMad
by on Sep. 29, 2011 at 5:04 PM

He's been for it from the start, we agreed on it before we even got pregnant with our first. It gels with how we wanted to raise our children (whole life unschooling, attachment parenting, etc.) and with his work. He's not home but 1-2 months of the year, and that doesn't always coincide with school breaks. Me being home with them works twofold: it allows our girls the stability of always having one parent around to do things with and a consistent environment, and to do things on our own to fill our days since DH can't be home a lot; and it allows us flexibility to just take off and do things when he is home, and make the most of our limited time together.

HavenWoodHome
by on Sep. 29, 2011 at 6:44 PM

My husband, Audie, loves that we homeschool. He says he's so happy to see all that Levi (age 12) is learning and how much fun we have doing it.

Audie teaches math each evening.

He thinks it's absolutely worth it. We took a year long break and Levi went to public school in 5th grade. We can see such a difference in his attitude, character, confidence and personality now that we are back to homeschooling.

Visit my blog....http://havenwoodhomeschool.blogspot.com/

homeschoolmama2
by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 3:28 PM

homeschooldaddy was substitute teacher, today....Teaches them like a champ.  Homeschoolmama took a "Mental Health Day".  After a trip to the bookstore for personal reading materials (no school stuff) and a nice quiet lunch out; I am ready for a new day in the morning.  I am SO blessed to have an awesome Godly husband.  I realize not everyone can have their better half teach school, but we must remember to give ourselves those mini-breaks we all need now and then. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)