Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Hi Everyone!! I am new to this site and to your group. I am trying to get settled into a new place that is more private than fb. I fellow homeschooler/friend of mine told me about your site so I am here to check it all out. I have homeschooled my daughter from the very beginning. We are in our eighth grade year now. We have had our fair share of ups  and downs through the process and have discovered the importance of having friends to pull you through the difficult days and friends to rejoice with you on the great days. Encouragement I have found is the key to a successful homeschooling journey.

by on Sep. 27, 2011 at 6:38 PM
Replies (11-12):
Gumberly
by on Sep. 28, 2011 at 12:59 PM
Hello! I have 3 little ones, 1 doing first grade and twins who are exploring preschool topics now. I hope by the time we get to 8th grade I will still have my sanity lol.
JoyfulMommyof2
by on Sep. 28, 2011 at 6:28 PM

Hello, and Welcome!  You are right; encouragement is essential!  Even just knowing other people are having the same struggles brings peace and comfort somehow--the knowledge that you're not alone.  I have a daughter in 8th grade and a son in 4th grade.  They have completely different learning styles, and their learning styles are completely different from mine!  Praise God for his divine intervention!  We are all learning, and we are all happy to be homeschooling!  No matter how difficult a certain day may be, I never regret my choice to homeschool, and my children have never expressed a desire to "go" to school.  Quite the opposite, they express sympathy for those who do.  We all know that this opportunity is a blessing to our family, always.

JoyfulMommyof2

busy mom

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)