Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What kind of laundry soap do you use?

Posted by   + Show Post

what kind do you use?

buy it or make it

what do you like about it

theres so many new kinds out there!

by on Sep. 28, 2011 at 11:02 AM
Replies (11-16):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Sep. 29, 2011 at 8:46 AM
Oooohhhhhh

Quoting oredeb:

i make mine also, i dont use the fels napa, i use my own soap that i make for that part of it , we dont have soft water, and i use an scent also so it keeps things white, if i get a tough spot i just rub some of my soap in it!hahah

http://www.thefamilyhomestead.com/laundrysoap2.htm

crystals step by step in pictures of how to make it

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FlyHippie
by on Sep. 29, 2011 at 9:51 AM

Rockin' Green is my favorite...it's homemade but I don't make it. All the scents are named after Rock bands! LOL!

homeschoolmama2
by on Sep. 30, 2011 at 6:43 PM

Started using Dr. Bronner's Sal Suds and distilled vinegar in the rinse.  Our clothes are always sweaty and smelly from kickboxing and exercise classes.  After searching for a product that would REALLY work, this is it....Clothes come out smelling so fresh and look so clean.

I even use Sal Suds in my dishwasher.  Be careful!  Just use a 1/2 tsp or less than 1 tsp. OR you will be scooping suds.  Dishes and Glasses shine with no streaks.  I also use 2 tsp. to a quart of water for a multi-purpose cleaner that I use on EVERYTHING, even my mirrors.  No streaks....Works great.  It may seem costly at first, but you only use a small amount at a time.  This product has truly amazed me.  

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Sep. 30, 2011 at 9:31 PM
Amd they smell awesome, don't they? I love love love motley clean! They just came out with room spray, I cannot wait to get some!

Quoting FlyHippie:

Rockin' Green is my favorite...it's homemade but I don't make it. All the scents are named after Rock bands! LOL!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by on Sep. 30, 2011 at 10:12 PM
I want to learn to make my own, but haven't. I use whatever I can find that is fragrance & dye free because I an allergic to them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
misselphaba
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2011 at 12:10 AM

I make my own, but I use Kirk's Castille bar soap and add a few tablespoons of vegetable glycerin (about $4 and I get enough to make about six batches of laundry detergent).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)