Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

**UPDATE**UPDATE**Would anyone care to do a Flat Stanley type thing here on CM among the kids?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2011 at 2:22 PM
  • 69 Replies
1 mom liked this

You know, where you mail the paper doll to each others' houses and everyone takes the doll around tpwn and poses it in pictures. The idea is to show off the uniqueness of your household, city or state like the doll is visiting. Then you post the pictures and descriptions here on CM and mail the doll to the next house.

I'm just tossing this out there so if you have a better idea or more of an idea of how exactly it works, post it here!!

I thought the kids would like it.

*Update*

All right, here is the basics so we can get started. Keep an eye out for a new post where everyone can post their 'Stanleys'. 8)

1. Have your kids make a 'Stanley' or 'Stanleys' if each kiddo wants to do one. They should probably be 12 inches or more tall so they are visible in the pictures. 8) Be as creative as you want and name your doll so they can be 'introduced.'

2. Take pictures of your doll around your house/neighborhood/city. I'm hoping to be able to set up a map so we can track where everyone is from. (no home addresses please)

3. Have your kids write or dictate the captions to the pictures.

4. Try to get at least one out door shot so everyone can see the weather and environment in your area. It'll be fun to see what fall looks like around the country.

5. Have fun and do what you want! 8)

If anyone has any suggestions, please post them. Feed back would be really appreciated so we can make this as fun and educational as possible! 8)

by on Sep. 28, 2011 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2011 at 2:24 PM

I think this would be fun for the kids and a cheap geography lesson. LOL

Mom71307
by on Sep. 28, 2011 at 3:19 PM

I am doing Flat "Stella" with my daughter already... she has a LOT of ground to track!

I think she would love to have an opportunity to do it the other way around though... we don't have a lot of opportunity to go see cool things but we can certainly google lots of info about our state (MI) and take photos with him of what we DO. She is 4 so it would be fairly basic from us but I think it would be great for her to experience in this way too!

twyliatepeka
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2011 at 5:07 PM

i so would but my camera died :(

mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2011 at 5:11 PM

Oh, don't worry. Things like this take a while to move around so can still join it at a later date. 8) Until then, you juys can still follow along.

Quoting twyliatepeka:

twyliatepeka
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2011 at 5:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting mem82:

Oh, don't worry. Things like this take a while to move around so can still join it at a later date. 8) Until then, you juys can still follow along.

Quoting twyliatepeka:

we could always snap a pic with one of the phones floating around my house :) don't know why i didn't think of that ...lol!

Precious333
by Julia on Sep. 28, 2011 at 5:18 PM

that sound like a great idea!

<3 Julia: wife of Drew, mom of Damien and Gavin, baby Harley 2/09-3/09, Mason 9-19-2010  Isaiah 66:10-13

SCmomof3girls
by on Sep. 28, 2011 at 6:58 PM

We would love to do that :)

wright1212
by on Sep. 29, 2011 at 12:00 AM

BUMP!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2011 at 11:57 AM

Great! Let's try an get a few more people interested.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Sep. 30, 2011 at 9:35 PM
We would be in!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)