Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

**UPDATE**UPDATE**Would anyone care to do a Flat Stanley type thing here on CM among the kids?

Posted by   + Show Post

You know, where you mail the paper doll to each others' houses and everyone takes the doll around tpwn and poses it in pictures. The idea is to show off the uniqueness of your household, city or state like the doll is visiting. Then you post the pictures and descriptions here on CM and mail the doll to the next house.

I'm just tossing this out there so if you have a better idea or more of an idea of how exactly it works, post it here!!

I thought the kids would like it.

*Update*

All right, here is the basics so we can get started. Keep an eye out for a new post where everyone can post their 'Stanleys'. 8)

1. Have your kids make a 'Stanley' or 'Stanleys' if each kiddo wants to do one. They should probably be 12 inches or more tall so they are visible in the pictures. 8) Be as creative as you want and name your doll so they can be 'introduced.'

2. Take pictures of your doll around your house/neighborhood/city. I'm hoping to be able to set up a map so we can track where everyone is from. (no home addresses please)

3. Have your kids write or dictate the captions to the pictures.

4. Try to get at least one out door shot so everyone can see the weather and environment in your area. It'll be fun to see what fall looks like around the country.

5. Have fun and do what you want! 8)

If anyone has any suggestions, please post them. Feed back would be really appreciated so we can make this as fun and educational as possible! 8)

by on Sep. 28, 2011 at 2:22 PM
Replies (61-69):
nzumbrun
by Member on Oct. 9, 2011 at 12:18 AM
Quoting usmom3:

Thanks!! I'm new to cm and still trying to figure everything out.
nzumbrun
by Member on Oct. 9, 2011 at 12:24 AM
Quoting usmom3:

I didn't see add photo (I'm on the full site on my Android and I have found there are several things I cannot see even though it says its the full site. I hate mobile sites). I did see an add photo button in the photos tab by the general discussion tab at the top of the page. Can I use that to upload the pics?
usmom3
by BJ on Oct. 9, 2011 at 12:24 AM

No problem, I have been on CM for a few years so as long as they don't change the set up for the reply & posts I know what I am doing!

Quoting nzumbrun:

Quoting usmom3:

Thanks!! I'm new to cm and still trying to figure everything out.

usmom3
by BJ on Oct. 9, 2011 at 12:29 AM

You can & then it will be in the group photo section but that is OK because I think if need be we can get the pic from there in to the post that we want to put it in ( let me test that theory real fast)

Quoting nzumbrun:

Quoting usmom3:

I didn't see add photo (I'm on the full site on my Android and I have found there are several things I cannot see even though it says its the full site. I hate mobile sites). I did see an add photo button in the photos tab by the general discussion tab at the top of the page. Can I use that to upload the pics?

usmom3
by BJ on Oct. 9, 2011 at 12:32 AM

My theory was wrong but We can make albums so we could make a Flat Stanly album that everyone can add the pics to for those that are having problems adding pics to a post.

nzumbrun
by Member on Oct. 9, 2011 at 12:43 AM
Quoting usmom3:

My theory was wrong but We can make albums so we could make a Flat Stanly album that everyone can add the pics to for those that are having problems adding pics to a post.

That would be awesome!! Thanks for the advise.
usmom3
by BJ on Oct. 9, 2011 at 12:47 AM

Your welcome!

Quoting nzumbrun:

Quoting usmom3:

That would be awesome!! Thanks for the advise.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2011 at 3:17 PM

I don't use mobile so I don't know how to post pictures there. If you can't figure it out, you can make an album and then link it on our master page so everyone will know where to find it, especially new people who don't know about or look at, the album section. 8)

mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2011 at 12:29 PM

We're making our Stanleys today!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)