Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are there any Lapbook learners??

Posted by on Sep. 29, 2011 at 5:13 PM
  • 5 Replies

how do you go about teaching with lapbooks?

do you use lapbooks with all subjects?

Lapbooking!

A lapbook or lap book is basically an educational learning tool made from a folder. They may also be referred to as shutterbooks, graphic organizers, fold books, presentation books, flap books, and project books. They can be done at the close of your unit studies to highlight key points the kids have learned - a place to glue projects or little books they've made for the unit, be based solely on a book your child has just read or help reinforce mathematical functions. Use it to document what your children have learned or even to display and refer back to. Some people prefer to buy kits ready to put together while others may use blank templates to help create, and still others come up with a design of their own. We've done all kinds of lapbooks - and from what we've found, there is no wrong way to put together a lapbook

by on Sep. 29, 2011 at 5:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 29, 2011 at 8:53 PM

We've done a few but they haven't really taken off.

sew4fun
by on Sep. 30, 2011 at 11:37 AM

We love them ! We do them everyday

mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2011 at 11:39 AM

How long does it take to gather everything you need for it?

Gumberly
by on Sep. 30, 2011 at 12:38 PM
We are working on our second one right now. I don't make them from scratch, I find ones on line for free that fit what I need. I am not creative or brave enough to go solo as of yet (if ever) The one we are doing right now is on the human body. We are doing it to get a break and then next week will start our new science curriculum. The first one I used covered multiple topics but wasn't something I would use all the time. I like them for when we just need a break from the norm or when my son wants to go on a week like trip to grandma's since she is crafty and they are straight forward enough she can teach them no problem. I am not sure how it will go when my twins get older though. Right now the art of combining things for all my kids seems pretty intimidating.
mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2011 at 12:53 PM

I had a fourth grader and a K last year and I was scared. It went better than I thought. 8)

Quoting Gumberly:

We are working on our second one right now. I don't make them from scratch, I find ones on line for free that fit what I need. I am not creative or brave enough to go solo as of yet (if ever) The one we are doing right now is on the human body. We are doing it to get a break and then next week will start our new science curriculum. The first one I used covered multiple topics but wasn't something I would use all the time. I like them for when we just need a break from the norm or when my son wants to go on a week like trip to grandma's since she is crafty and they are straight forward enough she can teach them no problem. I am not sure how it will go when my twins get older though. Right now the art of combining things for all my kids seems pretty intimidating.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)