Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Tomorrow is our field trip to Mt. Saint Helens!! *** Update!!!PIctures****

Posted by on Sep. 29, 2011 at 5:17 PM
  • 20 Replies

anyone every been there?

the kids are so excited, we are gona stop on the way up there at all the various visitor centers having to do with it, we are going to end up at the johnston ridge visitor center. taking lots of pictures!!

its about 2 hours from us, the west side we are going to, so will have to start at 8. the kids are gona all bring their lunches, i have some handouts for the kids to look for on the trails and in the center. and its not going to rain!!!!hahahah

any other field trips tomorrow?

HomeSchooling! http://homemade-school.blogspot.com/   %20Cooking   

Cooking! http://mykitchen-deb.blogspot.com/    

Gardening! http://mygardenofweeds.blogspot.com/

by on Sep. 29, 2011 at 5:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Knightquester
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2011 at 5:27 PM

I have friends that live about an hour from there so when we go to visit them we also take a trip to Mt. St. Helens.  I hope you and your family has a lot of fun!

We aren't doing any field trips, in fact our classes outside the home had to be canceled this week due to our transportation breaking down.

bugfree
by on Sep. 29, 2011 at 6:14 PM

We live a couple hours from Mount St Helens and we went there last year!  We stayed at state park in a yurt and visited every visitors center we could.  Last year, you could get a free entry to the Johnson Ridge Center if you brought a state park parking pass....you can buy them there if you need to. 

We loved walking around that particular visitors center and the kids really enjoyed walking around Spirit Lake.  The lake was so nice and it was the happiest surprise of our trip.  :-)  The top of the ridge is soooooo windy.  make sure to bring lots of cameras.  :-)

We really wanted to go this fall, but life got busy and we haven't had a chance.  :-\

oredeb
by on Sep. 29, 2011 at 6:44 PM

wow bugfree! thats neat!!  any special things we should be looking for?? where do you recommend we eat lunch along the way? we are packing a lunch.

Quoting bugfree:

We live a couple hours from Mount St Helens and we went there last year!  We stayed at state park in a yurt and visited every visitors center we could.  Last year, you could get a free entry to the Johnson Ridge Center if you brought a state park parking pass....you can buy them there if you need to. 

We loved walking around that particular visitors center and the kids really enjoyed walking around Spirit Lake.  The lake was so nice and it was the happiest surprise of our trip.  :-)  The top of the ridge is soooooo windy.  make sure to bring lots of cameras.  :-)

We really wanted to go this fall, but life got busy and we haven't had a chance.  :-\

oredeb
by on Sep. 29, 2011 at 6:45 PM

do you remember what places you go to up there knight??

Quoting Knightquester:

I have friends that live about an hour from there so when we go to visit them we also take a trip to Mt. St. Helens.  I hope you and your family has a lot of fun!

We aren't doing any field trips, in fact our classes outside the home had to be canceled this week due to our transportation breaking down.

Knightquester
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2011 at 6:58 PM

I'm sorry I don't.  My friends have lived in Yacolt area nearly their entire life so we tend to let them lead since they go hunting, fishing, horse back riding and camping up there a lot.

Quoting oredeb:

mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 29, 2011 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Color me jealous! I've never been on that side of the country at all.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 29, 2011 at 7:33 PM

The only 'field trip' we'll take is to the grocery.

jhg374
by on Sep. 29, 2011 at 7:59 PM

Oh how fun! We live just a few hours from St. Helens... south. It's been years since having been there, would LOVE to go back and take our kiddos!

We are going on a field trip tomorrow too!  There is a lady who has gotten her degree in forestry and such. She is heading up a hike tomorrow morning where we will hike into a lake, have some lunch and then she will teach some cool things about God's amazing creation! Gonna be FUN!

SCmomof3girls
by on Sep. 29, 2011 at 8:19 PM

We have a park get together with our homeschool group. It is also Community Helper day, so there will be speakers there like a fireman, someone in the military, Dept of Natural Resources rep, and a policeman with a K9 dog...not sure what else. 

oredeb
by on Sep. 29, 2011 at 8:19 PM

ohhh yacolt! yes we do the same thing up around there!! love it up there!

Quoting Knightquester:

I'm sorry I don't.  My friends have lived in Yacolt area nearly their entire life so we tend to let them lead since they go hunting, fishing, horse back riding and camping up there a lot.

Quoting oredeb:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)