Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tomorrow is our field trip to Mt. Saint Helens!! *** Update!!!PIctures****

Posted by   + Show Post

anyone every been there?

the kids are so excited, we are gona stop on the way up there at all the various visitor centers having to do with it, we are going to end up at the johnston ridge visitor center. taking lots of pictures!!

its about 2 hours from us, the west side we are going to, so will have to start at 8. the kids are gona all bring their lunches, i have some handouts for the kids to look for on the trails and in the center. and its not going to rain!!!!hahahah

any other field trips tomorrow?

HomeSchooling! http://homemade-school.blogspot.com/   %20Cooking   

Cooking! http://mykitchen-deb.blogspot.com/    

Gardening! http://mygardenofweeds.blogspot.com/

by on Sep. 29, 2011 at 5:17 PM
Replies (11-20):
oredeb
by debbie on Sep. 29, 2011 at 8:23 PM

jhg that sounds so fun!! have a good time!

Quoting jhg374:

Oh how fun! We live just a few hours from St. Helens... south. It's been years since having been there, would LOVE to go back and take our kiddos!

We are going on a field trip tomorrow too!  There is a lady who has gotten her degree in forestry and such. She is heading up a hike tomorrow morning where we will hike into a lake, have some lunch and then she will teach some cool things about God's amazing creation! Gonna be FUN!

oredeb
by debbie on Sep. 29, 2011 at 8:24 PM

hahahah mem! that could be a field trip here in this city!! hahaha never know whats gona happen!

Quoting mem82:

The only 'field trip' we'll take is to the grocery.

bugfree
by on Sep. 29, 2011 at 10:58 PM

We have all sorts of food allergies, so we pretty much bring food everywhere....so I have no recs on places to eat.  I would bring a picnic to eat at the lake though.  The Johnson Ridge Center is quite a drive from the highway.  I would spend a majority of the time walking around there.  :-)  

We stayed at Seaquest   http://mountsthelens.com/visitorcenters.html

Quoting oredeb:

wow bugfree! thats neat!!  any special things we should be looking for?? where do you recommend we eat lunch along the way? we are packing a lunch.

Quoting bugfree:

We live a couple hours from Mount St Helens and we went there last year!  We stayed at state park in a yurt and visited every visitors center we could.  Last year, you could get a free entry to the Johnson Ridge Center if you brought a state park parking pass....you can buy them there if you need to. 

We loved walking around that particular visitors center and the kids really enjoyed walking around Spirit Lake.  The lake was so nice and it was the happiest surprise of our trip.  :-)  The top of the ridge is soooooo windy.  make sure to bring lots of cameras.  :-)

We really wanted to go this fall, but life got busy and we haven't had a chance.  :-\

oredeb
by debbie on Sep. 30, 2011 at 8:23 PM

we made it back without the mountain errupting!!! yea!! it was soooooooooooo neat!!! i will show some pictures later!!

Knightquester
by Bronze Member on Sep. 30, 2011 at 9:15 PM

good  Awesome, I think it'd be cool to have a spot in this group for homeschooling pics to be posted.  We all live in different area's and explore different places when we vacation, it'd give others an idea of that location and what it's like as they can share their experience.  It'd be a a nice geography learning experience.

Quoting oredeb:

we made it back without the mountain errupting!!! yea!! it was soooooooooooo neat!!! i will show some pictures later!!

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Sep. 30, 2011 at 9:23 PM
That's awesome! We took a field trip to the YMCA today! Haha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by debbie on Oct. 1, 2011 at 12:06 PM

If anyone would care to look I have picture up ! i put them over in the photo section. click on photos above next to general discussion and the title will be Mt Saint Helens, then just click on each picture and it will make it bigger easier to see!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 1, 2011 at 2:08 PM

Wow! It's breathtaking!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 1, 2011 at 2:10 PM

That's what I'm hoping for our Flat Stanley project will be!

Quoting Knightquester:

good  Awesome, I think it'd be cool to have a spot in this group for homeschooling pics to be posted.  We all live in different area's and explore different places when we vacation, it'd give others an idea of that location and what it's like as they can share their experience.  It'd be a a nice geography learning experience.

Quoting oredeb:

oredeb
by debbie on Oct. 3, 2011 at 7:14 PM

thanks for looking mem!! it was so fun and even better than pictures! looks like your flat stanley gona be good!! yea!!

Quoting mem82:

Wow! It's breathtaking!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)