Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Metamorphosis

Posted by on Oct. 1, 2011 at 3:31 AM
  • 3 Replies

Does anyone have any ideas on fun ways/activities/projects that teach metamorphosis to a kindergartener? I am having brain block or something because I can't come up with anything.

by on Oct. 1, 2011 at 3:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
jen2150
by Silver Member on Oct. 1, 2011 at 9:31 AM

Here is a good video on youtube.  I would look at your library or netflix for some cool videos on butterflys.  Also maybe an art project combining science and art.  Draw and label a picture for each stage.  In the spring it might be good to get a butterfly kit.  Also sometimes places around here have a butterfly garden you can visit.  Maybe write out a skit that you can act out together describing the different stages.    I would hit your library and see what books you can find on metamorphosis.  Maybe read to her while she draws a picture about what you are reading about.  Good luck

FlyHippie
by on Oct. 1, 2011 at 10:54 AM

Yeah! Get a butterfly kit!

We did that with frogs. Went down to a creek, gathered frog eggs (learned the difference between frog and toad ones) and then put them in a lil habitat and learned the life cycle of a frog! That year I was teaching a pre-k (who was 5) and a 5th grader...so each got different things out of it...but both learned it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)