Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So what is your favorite holiday?

Posted by   + Show Post

Use a Sweetpea if you want!

by on Oct. 1, 2011 at 2:05 PM
Replies (11-12):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 1, 2011 at 9:50 PM

I'm sorry! I have a brother who tries to ruin every special day. 8^/ I finally kicked him out of Easter dinner and it straightened him up, ever since. 8)

Quoting FlyHippie:

LABOR DAY!!!!!!!!! hands down, no question about it.

It's the one holiday that our families don't give a rat's behind what we do...so there's no fights, no tears, no arguing, none of it.

I used to love Christmas, but then I got my inlaws...and every year I end up crying and begging my husband to let us move to Costa Rica...it's too far for any of them to visit. Now I can't stand that friggin' holiday...

Labor Day...we go camping with friends. We eat, we drink, our kids hang out...it's WONDERFUL...ahhh

FlyHippie
by on Oct. 2, 2011 at 12:13 AM

Oh no! For us it's ALWAYS my in laws....they want us at their house either Thanksgiving DAY or Christmas DAY. We always did it where they got the most time with us, but typically the exact day is easier at my mom's because she lives 30 minutes from us, and my ex-husband is closish, so we share every holiday and nobody is ever left out.....

But the make a whole thing of it every stinking year...tears, it's horrible, blah, blah, blah...So then I did it where everyone came HERE. Both families. On the day, show up or don't bitch. My mother was the freak then! LOL! She was HORRIBLE about having people at my house because hers is bigger, it's nicer, it's showier, blah, blah... Once she complained about everything, she chilled out...

So DH and I were laughing that it was MINE that was the psycho that year....and lo and behold, on the phone with my MIL, she says "what's your mom gonna do?" I said she was going to be here.

And she cried for 2 hours straight because she didn't want to share a holiday with my family.

*smacks forehead*

Quoting mem82:

I'm sorry! I have a brother who tries to ruin every special day. 8^/ I finally kicked him out of Easter dinner and it straightened him up, ever since. 8)

Quoting FlyHippie:

LABOR DAY!!!!!!!!! hands down, no question about it.

It's the one holiday that our families don't give a rat's behind what we do...so there's no fights, no tears, no arguing, none of it.

I used to love Christmas, but then I got my inlaws...and every year I end up crying and begging my husband to let us move to Costa Rica...it's too far for any of them to visit. Now I can't stand that friggin' holiday...

Labor Day...we go camping with friends. We eat, we drink, our kids hang out...it's WONDERFUL...ahhh

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)