Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Do you ever worry you are doing it wrong?

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 3:36 PM
  • 7 Replies

Every once in a while, a fear creeps in that I'm not doing this whole Homeschooling thing right. Does this happen to you? What do you you do when pessimism comes knocking?

by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 3:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
bmw29
by Member on Oct. 3, 2011 at 3:50 PM
2 moms liked this
All the time. :) Then I look at all my PS schooled nieces and nephews and think...well, I can't do much worse then that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HavenWoodHome
by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 4:15 PM

In our early years I worried about that ALL the time, but not any more. There really is no right or wrong way to homeschool, as long as you are guiding your child toward his/her own interests and passions. Remember, we don't need to teach them every single thing they need to know - we just need to teach them how to learn, where to find the answers to the questions they are seeking, and to be independant learners.

Visit my blog....http://havenwoodhomeschool.blogspot.com/

oredeb
by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 5:06 PM

when i first began i would worry about if i'm ruining my kids!  am i teaching them what they need, i'd talk to my friends and family who always reasured me that it was the right thing, i'd pray about it, the lord always gave me peace about it, I dont know when i stopped worrying about it, but i know definitely that im doing the right thing! its been such a blessing and a joy to homeschool them, so worth it.

boomom1973
by Member on Oct. 3, 2011 at 6:18 PM

This is our first year homeschooling and I worry almost daily. I have woke up in a panic that I have to get the kids up because we are late for school. Then  it hits me oh yeah, I am school, which sends me into another panic, oh yeah I am school! lol

MonkeyPeanut79
by Member on Oct. 3, 2011 at 6:22 PM

Every day. I'm having a lot of health problems on top of this being our first year of homeschooling so it's really been a struggle. Plus I don't know anyone who homeschools so all I get is, 'what are you doing about socialization?".

But, my kindgergartener just read his first book last week and I got to see it and know that I was the one that taught him that. It really made me appreciate the fact that we are homeschooling :)

oredeb
by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 6:27 PM

hahahahahah

Quoting boomom1973:

This is our first year homeschooling and I worry almost daily. I have woke up in a panic that I have to get the kids up because we are late for school. Then  it hits me oh yeah, I am school, which sends me into another panic, oh yeah I am school! lol

oredeb
by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 6:28 PM

aww monkey thats one of those first you never forget! yea!!

Quoting MonkeyPeanut79:

Every day. I'm having a lot of health problems on top of this being our first year of homeschooling so it's really been a struggle. Plus I don't know anyone who homeschools so all I get is, 'what are you doing about socialization?".

But, my kindgergartener just read his first book last week and I got to see it and know that I was the one that taught him that. It really made me appreciate the fact that we are homeschooling :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)