Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do your kids catch you teaching?

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 8:34 PM
  • 3 Replies

Do your kids catch you trying to teach them something? My DD always notices when I'm trying to turn something into a lesson or even just get her to stop and think and it seems to turn her off and she's only about to be 5. Tonight we were admiring the moon so I asked her "do you ever notice how the moon changes shapes"? Seriously thats all I said and she gave me the "I know your schooling me" look and walked away! lol

by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 8:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
crzymmy5
by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 9:31 PM

UGH! YES ~ but they've begun to accept it. lol

Trish

oredeb
by debbie on Oct. 3, 2011 at 11:15 PM
hahahah my kids are use to it by now! hahahhaa
amy_dawn
by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 11:21 PM

My kids absorb it like everything. The only one who doesn't love the fact that they are practically always learning something is my 3 year old, who just doesn't understand a lot of stuff yet. There are times when I can tell my older two are not ready to 'just learn', and so I back off of it. But those really only happen when they are really tired, or when my older one (who still attends public school) has had a hard day (or week) and is just burnt out on listening and paying attention. In general though, they perk up when I start to teach them something. I don't know how much of it is them (taking after me and their dad) and how much of it is the emphasis I've put on teaching them that we should always be learning new things and always trying to increase our knowledge. I can find a way to turn almost anything into some sort of lesson.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)