Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are some special things or talents that you have??

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2011 at 10:38 AM
  • 14 Replies

is there anything that your really good at? you love to do all the time?

examples:

could be encouragement, helping people, cooking, cleaning, one on one with people, teaching math, being with kids,  spelling, etc

by on Oct. 4, 2011 at 10:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2011 at 10:57 AM

I, honestly, don't think I'm really that talented at anything. 8) I'm a bit good at lots of things but there aren't any stand outs.

swim-mom72
by on Oct. 4, 2011 at 12:49 PM

I LOVE photography and I think I am pretty good at it. I really enjoy nature and fine art photography. I really could spend an entire day out shooting pix, uploading them, and playing with them in photoshop and never get tired.

I also have a heart for helping others. I love to be helpful in many ways: teaching, cleaning, listening, etc...

wright1212
by on Oct. 4, 2011 at 5:57 PM

TEACHING-lol. I actually taught prek/childcare for about 8 yrs in different roles. I really like helping very young ones and love seeing their constant ah-ha moments when they get something new. I turned that passion into a career of teaching adults too. Now I teach college (future teachers) 1 night a week and love teaching about children. Its one reason I LOVE homeschooling (finally). I love helping them learn something new.

Funny is I was sitting at my dd's dance class and they needed a helper. Now I teach 2 dance classes. Helping them figure it out is awesome. Plus I danced for 16yrs and miss it dearly.

Mommy to Corbin (9-epilepsy,autism, add) Kayla (6) Collin (2), Wife to Ben-OT, and I love teaching- M.Ed Early Childhood. SAHM & Homeschooling. Come watch us at www.youtube.com/user/1212wright

DelightfullyMad
by on Oct. 4, 2011 at 8:11 PM

I'm really good at planning and throwing parties. I suck at doing it on time, but when I get around to it, everybody seems to love them :o

I'm good at editing and proofreading. Still have old friends from university send me stuff to go over.

I'm good with animals and children. Not so much with adults.

And I'm *learning* how to be good with Photoshop! I made really cool birthday invites for DD's birthday coming up today, and I'm very pleased with them for once!

Oh, and I'm good at wasting time too. Procrastination (and subsequently pulling out good results at the last second in spite of procrastinating like no other) is my specialty. I need an award. No, no. I need a monument built to my ability to procrastinate!

oredeb
by debbie on Oct. 4, 2011 at 8:47 PM

heres your procrastination award delightful!!!! hahahahahah 

#1 Procrastinator!!!!!

Quoting DelightfullyMad:

I'm really good at planning and throwing parties. I suck at doing it on time, but when I get around to it, everybody seems to love them :o

I'm good at editing and proofreading. Still have old friends from university send me stuff to go over.

I'm good with animals and children. Not so much with adults.

And I'm *learning* how to be good with Photoshop! I made really cool birthday invites for DD's birthday coming up today, and I'm very pleased with them for once!

Oh, and I'm good at wasting time too. Procrastination (and subsequently pulling out good results at the last second in spite of procrastinating like no other) is my specialty. I need an award. No, no. I need a monument built to my ability to procrastinate!

sew4fun
by on Oct. 4, 2011 at 9:50 PM

I do not like to sound like I am bragging but there are several little things I am good at. I am a people person so I am good at reading people,listening to people, and solving problems. I am a crafty and creative person, there is not much craft related that I can not do or at least figure out. I am also good with children. I am good cook and baker as well. Oh and I like to think that I am good at cleaning and orginizing things.

jen2150
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2011 at 8:22 AM

Teaching.  I absolutely love it.  I love finding creative ways to teach difficult things. 

luvthesoap
by on Oct. 5, 2011 at 9:29 AM

I'm a pretty good cook. I also make some alwesome handcrafted soaps.

Betty in KY

oredeb
by debbie on Oct. 5, 2011 at 10:31 AM

luvthesoap, do you have a webpage so we can see your soaps?

Quoting luvthesoap:

I'm a pretty good cook. I also make some alwesome handcrafted soaps.

Betty in KY

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2011 at 10:54 AM

I am a good listener.  People use me as a sounding board all the time.  I love to cook, and am an avid reader and love music.  I love to sing, and I enjoy playing the piano as well.  I'm a teacher, and a closet writer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)