Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Has homeschooling made a difference in your family?

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2011 at 10:47 AM
  • 3 Replies
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
jhg374
by on Oct. 5, 2011 at 6:23 PM

I must say that we only know the homeschooling life, but when I look at the families around us and as we work with the youth and family of our county (and beyond), I am reminded of why we chose to homeschool and just how grateful I am that we can!

The relationship that my husband and I have with our kids is AMAZING! To watch them grow into passionate young adults is the most amazing and precious thing!

Even at ages 11,10, and 7, they are incredibly confident in themselves without feeling the incredibly strong driving urge to try to fit in with their peers. They have become the trendsetters, not the followers.

Knowing that we can accomplish school and then use the rest of the time to serve others, play together or just do their extra curricular activities is wonderful!  I am SO grateful that we get to homeschool and be the driving force in our kids lives rather than their peers or even themselves. :)

Jozzie
by on Oct. 6, 2011 at 12:42 AM
I have a much better relationship with my children. They feel more comfortable to tell me things that they might have kept to themselves before.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2011 at 12:20 PM

Yes! We are so much less stressed and we are all so much closer. When my daughter was in school, all we did was rush and she almost never saw my hubby who worked second shift.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN