Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need help teaching a toddler

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2011 at 11:05 AM
  • 21 Replies

my baby girl will be 3 next month and im kind of stuck so need a little help. she knows her alphabet can count to 10 english and spanish and can recognize up to 30 and the number 100. she knows all her shapes even harder ones like trapezoid and parallelogram and such. she knows a lot of animals and is starting to read on her own. she also knows all her colors. so i am running out of ideas here. 

teacher

by on Oct. 5, 2011 at 11:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2011 at 11:09 AM

mixing colors to create other colors?

mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2011 at 11:10 AM

patterns and her address and phone number

mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2011 at 11:10 AM
1 mom liked this

community helpers like firemen and mail carriers

katzmeow726
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2011 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this
We just started "formal" teaching with my two and a half year olds. This is a bump so I can get some ideas for down the road lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hailnbray
by on Oct. 5, 2011 at 11:15 AM

i would just play with her and see what her interest are. u dont need to teach a toddler, u need to play with them and let them discover the world around them. my 4 yr old picks what he wants to do. he will be interested in space n were off on an adventure. she knows the basics and thats important but there is no need to stress whats next. at this age it comes naturally

Aley51102
by on Oct. 5, 2011 at 11:23 AM

Quoting hailnbray:

i would just play with her and see what her interest are. u dont need to teach a toddler, u need to play with them and let them discover the world around them. my 4 yr old picks what he wants to do. he will be interested in space n were off on an adventure. she knows the basics and thats important but there is no need to stress whats next. at this age it comes naturally

she amazes me a lot. she will just say something or point to it and say it and i am just shocked because i have no idea where she got it. just picked it up i guess. the other day she read tom thumb. we never shop there but there is a kids book online. she LOVES starfall.com

Aley51102
by on Oct. 5, 2011 at 11:25 AM

Quoting mem82:

patterns? 

mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2011 at 11:32 AM

Yep. Patterns are very important. Start with things like Red, Blue, Red, Blue and Red, Red, Blue, Red, Red, Blue Ask her what comes next and have her 'read' the pattern to you. Have her make her own with different things, and give her harder ones to follow. It's a great brain boosting exercise and good beginning Math practise.

Quoting Aley51102:

Quoting mem82:

patterns? 

hailnbray
by on Oct. 5, 2011 at 11:32 AM

what comes next type stuff. this is the ground work for everything she will learn. star heart square, star heart square, star, what comes next. this dog is under a tree, this dog is over a stick, where is the dog in this picture type things.

Quoting Aley51102:

Quoting mem82:

patterns? 

today I can say I just sat back and was greatful for having the greatest kids I could ask for. I am going to worry less and love a little more. I am going to stop counting the minutes till bed time and start counting the minutes till good night kisses. I am going to stop crying and start laughing. I know together this family can move mountains one rock at a time
oredeb
by debbie on Oct. 5, 2011 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this

my third dd was ready when she was that age, all on her own she learned!i know what you mean it is a shock!!

haha so i taught her some songs, memorizing songs, poems, puzzles not baby ones, we did some cooking, learned sewing blankets, we painted abstract art on large pieces of paper with a big paint brush, went around counting objects, she learned guitar (with a little one), piano,

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)