Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Random Pictures from our Week

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2011 at 2:25 PM
  • 10 Replies

I thought I'd share a snapshot of our lives through some random snapshots from this week.

http://havenwoodhomeschool.blogspot.com/2011/10/random-pictures-from-our-week.html

Visit my homeschool blog....HavenWood HomeSchool

by on Oct. 5, 2011 at 2:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
swim-mom72
by on Oct. 5, 2011 at 2:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you! I needed to be reminded that the kids can learn many things just through exploration. It gets hard to remember that as they get older, and mine are 14 & 11.

Seeing your photos also made me miss WV! We have been in Texas almost a year, and we miss the country very much.

HavenWoodHome
by on Oct. 5, 2011 at 2:59 PM

You're welcome! Glad I could be an encouragement. My son is 12.

I absolutely believe that kids learn just by being awake! Last year we had many illnesses and 3 funerals and very little "book" learning got done. But my son didn't skip a beat. He learned just as much as he did any other year. I believe in letting them explore, so they can become independant lifelong learners.

We live in the country in upstate NY. Do you live in a city in Texas? I would hate living in a city. We lived in suburbia for 6 years.

Quoting swim-mom72:

Thank you! I needed to be reminded that the kids can learn many things just through exploration. It gets hard to remember that as they get older, and mine are 14 & 11.

Seeing your photos also made me miss WV! We have been in Texas almost a year, and we miss the country very much.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2011 at 4:12 PM

8) Thanks!

SCmomof3girls
by on Oct. 5, 2011 at 5:17 PM

I like that Spent website, even though it annoyed me a little bit. There is no way I would pay $100 for a window someone else broke on a place I'm renting, so I didnt care that it "forces" you to pay. But it is a look at reality for older kids.  Thanks for sharing :)

oredeb
by on Oct. 5, 2011 at 6:02 PM

great pictures!

HavenWoodHome
by on Oct. 5, 2011 at 6:18 PM

I agree - some of the questions were a bit unrealisitc. And I think there should have been more options. For example, there was a college loan and credit card bill due (seperate questions) and the choices were to pay it (and you didn't have enough money) or ignore it. There should have been an option for contacting the company/college and working out an affordable payment plan. Oh well, maybe they will improve it over time.

It was eye-opening for my son.

Quoting SCmomof3girls:

I like that Spent website, even though it annoyed me a little bit. There is no way I would pay $100 for a window someone else broke on a place I'm renting, so I didnt care that it "forces" you to pay. But it is a look at reality for older kids.  Thanks for sharing :)

swim-mom72
by on Oct. 5, 2011 at 8:03 PM

Quoting HavenWoodHome:

You're welcome! Glad I could be an encouragement. My son is 12.

I absolutely believe that kids learn just by being awake! Last year we had many illnesses and 3 funerals and very little "book" learning got done. But my son didn't skip a beat. He learned just as much as he did any other year. I believe in letting them explore, so they can become independant lifelong learners.

We live in the country in upstate NY. Do you live in a city in Texas? I would hate living in a city. We lived in suburbia for 6 years.

Quoting swim-mom72:

Yeah, we def live in the city. We live near Houston, in Spring. We went from living in a neighborhood of 14 houses, on almost 2 acres of land, where we could ride our 4-wheelers to the mailbox or the gas station, to living in a sudivision of hundreds of houses and have not ridden our 4-wheelers in almost a year : (

We have to drive to the park or the zoo just to feel close to nature. We can't  just walk outside and get that anymore, and that makes me sad and sorta depressed really. I hope to be back in the country some day soon.

Penmom4
by on Oct. 5, 2011 at 8:21 PM

Awesome experiments. This week Cody will be making a home made thermometer and a homemade barometer.

HavenWoodHome
by on Oct. 5, 2011 at 10:22 PM

We're having great fun doing the science experiments.

Quoting Penmom4:

Awesome experiments. This week Cody will be making a home made thermometer and a homemade barometer.

tuffymama
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2011 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks for sharing! I love love love the pic of dog-boy-caterpillar. Those are my favorite kinds of pics of ODS.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN