Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Banging My Head on the Wall...

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2011 at 1:24 PM
  • 19 Replies

I didn't order math this summer because the two who needed new books (I already had the rest) were doing supplementary materials, and I decided to wait.  

That was apparently a poor decision, because I am still waiting!  I need to order two Epsilon books from Math-U-See, and they have been on backorder FOREVER!  Every single time I check on it, the date moves!  They were supposed to be available last week, then this week, now next week...And it's been that way for awhile.  I am so frustrated!  I don't know what else to do!  They have some other math they can work in for now, but I would really like to get them back into the regular program!

I'm checking ebay now, but I don't hold great odds for finding 2 Epsilon student books that haven't been written in...

by on Oct. 7, 2011 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
oredeb
by on Oct. 7, 2011 at 2:19 PM
awwww tiger i hope it comes soon! do you get a discount for waiting so long?
TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2011 at 2:29 PM

I wish!  It is just a notice on the site, not even something I can get an email notice about.

Quoting oredeb:

awwww tiger i hope it comes soon! do you get a discount for waiting so long?

Gumberly
by on Oct. 7, 2011 at 5:24 PM
They have a ton of stuff on back order right now!!! I would watch eBay and check the yahoo groups. I need another set of blocks and they have been on back order forever I think. I
Got my first set at the convention I wonder if I had would of been able to get them if it hadn't been through the convention.
usmom3
by BJ on Oct. 7, 2011 at 6:20 PM

Have you looked at Amazon to see if they might care it? Do you have a Mardels ( it is a christian / teacher store that sells homeschool curriculum)? They might have them!

I understand the frustration of needing something & not being able to get it when it is needed!

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2011 at 8:05 PM

Mardel doesn't have it.  That was the first thing I checked when I got to visit the one in Amarillo on the way home from vacation!

I have a bid in on ebay, which (if I win), will cover one kid.  We bought our first set at Convention too, but we've never had any trouble ordering before this.  It's crazy!

The company we had order trouble with was Rod and Staff.  We bought  some things from them at conventionordered what they didn't have, paid cash, and never saw the rest of the materials.

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2011 at 8:06 PM

Thank you, ladies, for the ideas!

usmom3
by BJ on Oct. 7, 2011 at 8:42 PM

Do you live in Texas? I live outside of Lubbock!

Quoting TigerofMu:

Mardel doesn't have it.  That was the first thing I checked when I got to visit the one in Amarillo on the way home from vacation!

I have a bid in on ebay, which (if I win), will cover one kid.  We bought our first set at Convention too, but we've never had any trouble ordering before this.  It's crazy!

The company we had order trouble with was Rod and Staff.  We bought  some things from them at conventionordered what they didn't have, paid cash, and never saw the rest of the materials.

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2011 at 7:13 AM

No, we live in Wyoming.  We went through Lubbock last month though!  My parents (currently) live in Lipan, TX, though they have had their house on the market for a year and are currently packing and downsizing to live in their travel trailer...but that's a different story.

Our family vacation was in September, and we drove to California and went to Disneyland and Seaworld.  Then, we drove from California to Lipan, going through Flagstaff, Albuquerque, Lubbock, and Abilene on the way.  Our last leg was Lipan to home :).

I just love Mardel and will shop at one anytime I have the opportunity!

Quoting usmom3:

Do you live in Texas? I live outside of Lubbock!

Quoting TigerofMu:

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2011 at 7:56 AM

AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

banging head into wall  frustrated

Epsilon is off back order, and I can put in an order anytime on the website.  BUT, I already big on it on ebay and have 3 days left in the auction...so, if I win it, great, no big.  But if someone outbids me at the last minute, I still have to go back and order it, and what do you want to bet that it will be on back order again by then??  Isn't this crazy?

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2011 at 7:57 AM

I love those SweetPeas by the way.  I hadn't seen them!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)