Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Banging My Head on the Wall...

Posted by   + Show Post

I didn't order math this summer because the two who needed new books (I already had the rest) were doing supplementary materials, and I decided to wait.  

That was apparently a poor decision, because I am still waiting!  I need to order two Epsilon books from Math-U-See, and they have been on backorder FOREVER!  Every single time I check on it, the date moves!  They were supposed to be available last week, then this week, now next week...And it's been that way for awhile.  I am so frustrated!  I don't know what else to do!  They have some other math they can work in for now, but I would really like to get them back into the regular program!

I'm checking ebay now, but I don't hold great odds for finding 2 Epsilon student books that haven't been written in...

by on Oct. 7, 2011 at 1:24 PM
Replies (11-19):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Oct. 8, 2011 at 10:32 AM
Oh no! How much longer is the auction?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmom3
by BJ on Oct. 8, 2011 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this

very cool that you got to do that!

Quoting TigerofMu:

No, we live in Wyoming.  We went through Lubbock last month though!  My parents (currently) live in Lipan, TX, though they have had their house on the market for a year and are currently packing and downsizing to live in their travel trailer...but that's a different story.

Our family vacation was in September, and we drove to California and went to Disneyland and Seaworld.  Then, we drove from California to Lipan, going through Flagstaff, Albuquerque, Lubbock, and Abilene on the way.  Our last leg was Lipan to home :).

I just love Mardel and will shop at one anytime I have the opportunity!

Quoting usmom3:

Do you live in Texas? I live outside of Lubbock!

Quoting TigerofMu:

Mardel doesn't have it.  That was the first thing I checked when I got to visit the one in Amarillo on the way home from vacation!

I have a bid in on ebay, which (if I win), will cover one kid.  We bought our first set at Convention too, but we've never had any trouble ordering before this.  It's crazy!

The company we had order trouble with was Rod and Staff.  We bought  some things from them at conventionordered what they didn't have, paid cash, and never saw the rest of the materials.

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2011 at 12:23 PM

3 days

Quoting Boobah:

Oh no! How much longer is the auction?

oredeb
by on Oct. 8, 2011 at 12:44 PM

hahahah they are cute!!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2011 at 12:56 PM

Good luck! How Annoying!

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2011 at 1:05 PM

Thank you!

Quoting mem82:

Good luck! How Annoying!

romacox
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2011 at 4:21 PM

You might also try Amazon

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2011 at 4:51 PM

I never thought of that! And they do!

Quoting romacox:

You might also try Amazon

JoyfulMommyof2
by on Oct. 8, 2011 at 9:19 PM

Don't painc!  It will be okay.  When you do get the books, however you get them, just start off on Day 1.  Please, don't make the mistake of trying to double up on lessons to "catch up" your children.  That would just make all of you miserable.  If you're determined to finish the book, just extend math during part of the summer.  You might be able to do two lessons a day then if they are "getting it."  Otherwise, math always seems to review itself the following year.  Enjoy the homeschool experience, and don't sweat the small stuff.  It will be okay, I promise.

Also, don't forget Amazon and Christianbook.com.  I don't think Math-U-See allows others to sell their books, though.

You might try homeschoolclassifieds.com.  It's an excellent sight to buy used books in great conditions and sometimes new books, also.

It will all work out for you. 

JoyfulMommyof2

busy mom

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)