Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who is making the Halloween Costumes at their house?

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2011 at 5:34 PM
  • 11 Replies

Do you and the kids do them up or do you buy new?

by on Oct. 8, 2011 at 5:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmom3
by BJ on Oct. 8, 2011 at 5:52 PM

We usually buy them used or after the prices start to drop but this year I think we are going to try making at least one. That is if they don't change there minds again about what they want to be. 

JulieBrown
by Member on Oct. 8, 2011 at 5:55 PM

One of my kids lets me make her costume.  The others really want store bought. 

EaiB
by on Oct. 8, 2011 at 7:17 PM

I like to buy store bought, then I spice them up with hand-sewn or hand-made things. Like I'm making a pair of bats wings for my daughter's dress, and some fox ears for my son's swordsman outfit.

Penmom4
by on Oct. 8, 2011 at 8:00 PM

Cdy Asked me to bring home boxes from work. He wants to make a Bumbble Bee costume, From the transformers movie.

usmom3
by BJ on Oct. 8, 2011 at 8:04 PM

That is very cool! I hope it turns out good.

Quoting Penmom4:

Cdy Asked me to bring home boxes from work. He wants to make a Bumbble Bee costume, From the transformers movie.

LovemyQ
by Member on Oct. 8, 2011 at 9:37 PM

Quinn wants to be a ghost. he ahs been practicing his scary moan for weeks now, lol. I am cutting up a sheet for him.

blackraven935
by on Oct. 8, 2011 at 10:42 PM
 I fully and completely sew the costumes. I buy the fabric and pattern (and sometimes use no pattern or alter a pattern to my liking) and homemake all the cotumes. Its cheaper and better quality and I am to cheap to buy costumes.
by on Oct. 8, 2011 at 11:42 PM

We make them. I really look forward to it -- almost as much as making their birthday cakes!  It's a great opportunity to let them be creative with their ideas and not have to be limited by what the store sells.

misselphaba
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2011 at 11:46 PM

The kids decide what they want to be and then I make them.  They make all (at least most) of the decisions regarding the costumes.

oredeb
by debbie on Oct. 9, 2011 at 12:42 AM

we will be making reformation costumes!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)