Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Unschooling High Schoolers

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2011 at 3:19 PM
  • 2 Replies

How many of you out there are unschooling kids who are technically high schoolers? I was just wondering what it looks like day to day? Most of the unschooling blogs I read have little kids. I'd love to hear stories or read blogs about the day to day lives of unschooling teenagers.

Visit my homeschool blog....HavenWood HomeSchool

by on Oct. 9, 2011 at 3:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2011 at 3:35 PM

I don't but a blog that talks about it is HomeSpun Juggling. She's pretty funny, too.

usmom3
by BJ on Oct. 9, 2011 at 3:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a son that is 18 with Autism. If he went to public school he wouldn't graduate until this year & with the Autism I know he isn't ready for the next step so we are going to continue unschooling with him for another 1-2 years.

He is working on a video game with his computer club, he is making a movie with his best friend, he is making his own comic strip, he is researching on how to garden with every intention of starting a garden this coming spring, he is learning about how Rome fell, he is interested in cooking so he looks for recipes for us to try & he is learning how to play the Ocarina ( that is a wind instrument)

His day is devoted to all of those things, he spends a lot of his time at the dinning room table on the laptop with all of his drawing & art stuff right there. He works for any where from 2-6 hours a day depending on the day & what other things we have going on. He loves to read so he reads a lot in his spare time as well as plays video games. If you came over & didn't know what unschooling was you would think he was doing nothing important but if you know what you are looking at you would see all the learning taking place. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)