Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Am I NOT allowed to have a bad day...

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2011 at 1:52 PM
  • 18 Replies
1 mom liked this

without someone saying I should put the kids in school?

Do you ever feel this way?

by on Oct. 10, 2011 at 1:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
smc0178
by on Oct. 10, 2011 at 1:54 PM

yep, all the time..if I am stressed out for the day and I vent, I should just put them in school..so now I only vent to my hubby and other hsing moms

oredeb
by on Oct. 10, 2011 at 2:02 PM

awwww mem, you can have a bad day! and you dont have to put the kids in school!

no one around here would dare tell me or even sugest putting my kids in school!hahahah or they'd have a bad day! hahahaha

Homeschoolmom99
by on Oct. 10, 2011 at 2:03 PM

my ex says all the time why I moved

we all have bad days we have no day off or breaks

usmom3
by BJ on Oct. 10, 2011 at 2:52 PM

I here it from many people so, I like everyone else here don't vent to just anyone.

We have a lot of bad days here but it has nothing to do with homeschooling. I have an 18y/o son that has Autism so he is more like an 11 - 12y/o. Then I have an 8y/o that has no problems she is just stubborn & bossy. And last but not least I have a 6y/o son that has Autism that is like dealing with a 2-3y/o that has very good command of his verbal skills until he gets P.Oed Then he just screams. Not to mention that we are a one income family & with the price of everything going up but our income not going up makes me stressed almost all the time about money.

I feel you!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2011 at 3:08 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. A lot of people think I've 'brought this on myself'. Oh, and my mom is good at chiming in with, "You're the one who wanted such a big family." blargh

LOL Some days are just harder than others. I want to whine with no judgements or feeling like I'm letting the homeschool flag droop. Who is going to want to try it, if I whine too much? You know what I mean?

mynameismuerte
by on Oct. 10, 2011 at 3:12 PM

I seriously hate that.  Not right at all.  So from now on when someone has a bad day at work I should be sure to tell them they should quit immediately.  LOL.  

.Cat.
by on Oct. 10, 2011 at 4:53 PM

Been there! Now that my oldest 2 are done homeschool and at college they've shut up a little, but I still get comments and insinuations about it on occasion.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Oct. 10, 2011 at 9:50 PM
Yes! Lol

Quoting mynameismuerte:

I seriously hate that.  Not right at all.  So from now on when someone has a bad day at work I should be sure to tell them they should quit immediately.  LOL.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sharonfry
by on Oct. 11, 2011 at 7:09 AM
Right?! I read a good blog recently that talked about perspectives. No one has the same perspective unless they're looking at it from your exact point if view, & that soooo makes sense when it comes to education. Everyone has their opinion & are so very quick to give it. But there's no way they can see it as you do unless they're you! Vent all you need, just be careful who you chose. And to those unsolicited remarks, well, just ignore them if you can.
mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2011 at 9:14 AM

Thanks for the support, Ladies. It was just one of those days, yesterday. grrr

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)