Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Whos campaigning now out there for president?? anyone know?

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2011 at 12:01 AM
  • 8 Replies

who do you think will be our next president?

who looks good?

are you gona do anything special with the kids to teach them about the process?

http://www.nick.com/kpp/

by on Oct. 11, 2011 at 12:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
blackraven935
by on Oct. 11, 2011 at 12:35 AM

Im campaining for president. And I look good. :) My kids are to youn to teach the proccess of it. In the future we will do somethin fun I am sure. Like maybe actually run for president in our own home setup. Haha, maybe let them bring up serious household issues and their stance on it. Like the amount of healthy food served in a day. Or dad leaving the toilet seat up. and how they are oin to solve the issue. But we have quite a few years before we get into that. But my kids are close enough in age that when we do that type of thing, they could most likely all do it together.

.Cat.
by on Oct. 11, 2011 at 3:40 AM

We'll be outta here by the time it happens.

My kids know all they need to know about American elections: they're rigged and your only real choice is do you want the puppet on the left or the puppet on the right.

I do teach the history of how it got to this point and why.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2011 at 9:23 AM

Well, I've found it best to stay political discussions online but I do teach the election process and each political v

oredeb
by on Oct. 11, 2011 at 11:07 AM

fantastic idea and its fun blackraven!!!

Quoting blackraven935:

Im campaining for president. And I look good. :) My kids are to youn to teach the proccess of it. In the future we will do somethin fun I am sure. Like maybe actually run for president in our own home setup. Haha, maybe let them bring up serious household issues and their stance on it. Like the amount of healthy food served in a day. Or dad leaving the toilet seat up. and how they are oin to solve the issue. But we have quite a few years before we get into that. But my kids are close enough in age that when we do that type of thing, they could most likely all do it together.

oredeb
by on Oct. 11, 2011 at 11:08 AM

cat are you moving out of country?

Quoting .Cat.:

My kids know all they need to know about American elections: they're rigged and your only real choice is do you want the puppet on the left or the puppet on the right.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Oct. 11, 2011 at 11:50 AM

I wouldn't say campaigning.  We are leaning towards Ron Paul, but I haven't researched enough to say for sure.  Not that he has a chance, but you know!  LOL  I'm still behind Obama and will be as long as he is in office.  

We will probably incorporate it next year when the elections are really going on, but not for now.

usmom3
by BJ on Oct. 11, 2011 at 12:33 PM

Not really campaigning but political discussions happen almost daily in our house with my teen & sometimes with my 8y/o. I think it is important to let them know about what is going on so that as they grow they will be ready for there time to step up & have a voice too.

.Cat.
by on Oct. 11, 2011 at 6:16 PM

Yes, back home to the UK.

Quoting oredeb:

cat are you moving out of country?

Quoting .Cat.:

--------
In support of my daughter and all 99% protestors! Take America Back! (Mae, Occupy Seattle, 10.10 - current!)

"Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; you are raising a human being."- Kittie Franz

"A society is best judged by how it treats its children."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)