Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What bothers you about homeschooling?

Posted by   + Show Post

what really gets in your craw(did i spell that right) about homeschooling,

the negatives about it?

by on Oct. 12, 2011 at 11:13 AM
Replies (31-31):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2011 at 1:29 PM

Do you plan on homeschooling your others? Just curious...lol

Quoting Jynuine:

My issues are very individual for my family, I guess. For me, the thing I am frusterated with is organizing my supplies and preventing other kids from getting into them. I have a locking cabinet that lost it's keys and so our stuff is a free for all, I guess.

I'm also dissapointed in my OWN organization sometimes. We are not morning people. My tweens work best when they get up at 9 or 10 am as do I (I can get my other kids off to school, nurse my infant, feed my toddler and get things generally picked up).

But we also have a lack of kids my girl's age for them to hang out with. This is something Im really working on. MOST of the homeschooling kids in our area are boys and or are way young or way old and not convenient. Even at church which is huge, there doesnt seem to be a lot of girls my girl's age.
On the UPSIDE, most of the kids they knew at public school were all peices of work. So I am NOT dissapointed that we arent dealing with that baggage! CRZINESS!

I make it my duty to help inform people on what a BLESSING homeschooling has been to us and the incredible changes that have happened in my kids since I removed them from public school. I find myself doing the same already for my large family, so why not add another thing on. :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)