Pumpkin Recipes (for everyone) and October printables (for preschool - k5)
I'll do the recipes first! Here are two of my favorites...
Roasted Sweet and Salty Pumpkin Seeds Recipe:
- 2 cups pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Preheat oven to 300°F Mix all ingredients together and spread on
a baking sheet. Pop them in the oven for about 20 minutes. Allow to cool before serving
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup packed light brown sugar
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter
2/3 cup (5 oz. can) evaporated milk
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
2 cups (12 ounce package) white chocolate chips
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème
1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Line a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with foil.
2. In a heavy medium saucepan, combine the sugar, brown sugar, evaporated milk, pumpkin, butter and pumpkin pie spice.
3. Bring to a full rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
4. Boil, stirring constantly, for 10 to 12 minutes or until candy thermometer reaches 234° to 240º F (soft-ball stage).
5. Stir in white chocolate chips, marshmallow crème, nuts and vanilla extract and stir vigoriously for 1 minute until chips are melted.
6. Immediately pour into prepared pan. Let stand on wire rack for 2 hours or until completely cooled. Refrigerate tightly covered.
7. To cut, lift foil from pan. Remove foil and cut fudge into 1-inch pieces.
Now for the October printables:
- P is for Pumpkin - Preview P is for Pumpkin
- October Fun with Numbers -Preview October Fun with Numbers
Both downloads can be downloaded from the same site. (Click here) You'll find the download under the category: Holiday and Seasonal Related