Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

im glad i homeschool!!!

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2011 at 4:33 AM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this
So I might be behind on news (I don't get any t.v.) but I just read that Pres. Obama wants longer school days! 8 hours isn't enough? I don't care what you thoughts are on our president more than 8 hours is just rediculous!! You know they would have homework on top of that too!! When would they eat, play, sleep, do chores? Then I sit back and say, I'm glad I homeschool!! Lol.
by on Oct. 14, 2011 at 4:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
oredeb
by on Oct. 14, 2011 at 10:25 AM
2 moms liked this

wow ive never heard that one! more time at school, more brain washing!hahahah less time with the family!

utkallie
by on Oct. 14, 2011 at 11:32 AM

Just curious if you have a link to that story. I would love to show that to my family who are unsure about our choices.  We're already planning on part-time homeschooling with the rest of the time at co-op.

I'm a lurker here since my kids are not yet school age. My DD will not be 5 until next year.

utkallie
by on Oct. 14, 2011 at 11:56 AM

I found something here about it.  Wow!

nzumbrun
by Member on Oct. 14, 2011 at 12:16 PM
Yeah I believe I found the link on cm.
mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2011 at 12:26 PM

Welcome to the group! Be a lurker, no more! lol Feel free to join our Flat Stanley project with your kids if you like. There's no age limit. We have a lot of preschool homeschoolers on here.

Quoting utkallie:

Just curious if you have a link to that story. I would love to show that to my family who are unsure about our choices.  We're already planning on part-time homeschooling with the rest of the time at co-op.

I'm a lurker here since my kids are not yet school age. My DD will not be 5 until next year.

usmom3
by BJ on Oct. 14, 2011 at 12:54 PM

I think that is the point that they don't want the kids to have time for anything but school, school, school. I am so glad that I homeschool too!

utkallie
by on Oct. 14, 2011 at 1:15 PM

Thanks Mem82! ;)

jeng1980
by Member on Oct. 14, 2011 at 1:23 PM
Wow! Same here. Very glad that the path I was meant to go down is homeschooling.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gumberly
by on Oct. 15, 2011 at 12:12 PM
It's just stupid. The schools are begging for funding and the methods they are using aren't working so let's leave the kids in school longer ad that'll fix it all, really?!
CREAMBROWN
by on Oct. 15, 2011 at 12:22 PM

DITTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)